This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Kj Nl10

• swanny36
      swanny36
      Bronze
      I decide to three bet I think it is a bit weak to fold pre and i don't really want to just check fold if I don't hit. I get two callers (both players are pretty tight). So I put them both on 88>QQ and maybe AQ. AK is also def a possibility. Good flop for me as It doesn't really hit their range. I decide to C-bet quite big in order to fold out AK, and maybe 88>TT. When I get a caller I am going to check fold blank turn. But I hit my king. I check because I'm not really sure where I stand but plan to check jam because I think he will prob still bet 88>QQ . AK is pretty much out the equation after the flop. He overbets and I call because I don't think he does this with many hands that beat me. He wouldn't do that with 66, 55 or AK I don't think.

edit: sorry he doesn't overbet on river. He just snap shoved.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $10.22
      BB (Hero):
      $11.19
      MP3:
      $26.07
      CO:
      $10.15
      BU:
      $10.00

Preflop: Hero is BB with J, K.
      MP3 folds, CO raises to $0.30, BU calls $0.30, SB folds, Hero raises to $1.20, CO calls $0.90, BU calls $0.90.

Flop: ($3.65) 6, 5, 6 (3 players)
      Hero bets $2.70, CO folds, BU calls $2.70.

Turn: ($9.05) K (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $6.10, Hero calls $6.10.

River: ($21.25) Q (2 players)

Final Pot: $21.25.
      Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, kings and sixes(J K).
      BU shows a pair of sixes(A 7).

Hero wins with two pairs, kings and sixes(J K).
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello swanny36,

Preflop: Seems to be fine. I don't mind even the squeeze and as you said yourself they are pretty tight players.
      Flop: As you said yourself that they will mostly have a very strong range. Do you really expect them to fold any PP here? I mean those 88-QQ, I rarely doubt if they Called us preflop. Therefore I'd just Check it on flop and be happy to see a free card if not then likely fold being in multiway pot.
      Turn: Not much to add. With such a play we might keep even some smaller PPs in play and if we ship they might just fold. And I guess you can't Check/Shove while his stack is pretty small so if he bets then he most likely ships it.

Best regards.