[NL2-NL10] Kj Nl10

• swanny36
      swanny36
      Bronze
      I decide to three bet I think it is a bit weak to fold pre and i don't really want to just check fold if I don't hit. I get two callers (both players are pretty tight). So I put them both on 88>QQ and maybe AQ. AK is also def a possibility. Good flop for me as It doesn't really hit their range. I decide to C-bet quite big in order to fold out AK, and maybe 88>TT. When I get a caller I am going to check fold blank turn. But I hit my king. I check because I'm not really sure where I stand but plan to check jam because I think he will prob still bet 88>QQ . AK is pretty much out the equation after the flop. He overbets and I call because I don't think he does this with many hands that beat me. He wouldn't do that with 66, 55 or AK I don't think.

edit: sorry he doesn't overbet on river. He just snap shoved.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $10.22
      BB (Hero):
      $11.19
      MP3:
      $26.07
      CO:
      $10.15
      BU:
      $10.00

Preflop: Hero is BB with J, K.
      MP3 folds, CO raises to $0.30, BU calls $0.30, SB folds, Hero raises to $1.20, CO calls $0.90, BU calls $0.90.

Flop: ($3.65) 6, 5, 6 (3 players)
      Hero bets $2.70, CO folds, BU calls $2.70.

Turn: ($9.05) K (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $6.10, Hero calls $6.10.

River: ($21.25) Q (2 players)

Final Pot: $21.25.
      Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, kings and sixes(J K).
      BU shows a pair of sixes(A 7).

Hero wins with two pairs, kings and sixes(J K).
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello swanny36,

Preflop: Seems to be fine. I don't mind even the squeeze and as you said yourself they are pretty tight players.
      Flop: As you said yourself that they will mostly have a very strong range. Do you really expect them to fold any PP here? I mean those 88-QQ, I rarely doubt if they Called us preflop. Therefore I'd just Check it on flop and be happy to see a free card if not then likely fold being in multiway pot.
      Turn: Not much to add. With such a play we might keep even some smaller PPs in play and if we ship they might just fold. And I guess you can't Check/Shove while his stack is pretty small so if he bets then he most likely ships it.

Best regards.