Suited cards in Push/Fold mode

• Pairdrawer65
      Oke, i have been playing poker for quitte a while now. Before pokerstrategy that is. one of the things i learned was to never overvulue suited cards.
      One of the movie's i watched back in the days watch here.
      so i took this hint into my play.
      but now working with the ICM i see that they say there is lot of difference between suited and unsuited cards.
      so i'm not sure which one is better ICM or phil gordon? Ooh yeah my main focus was later on in the SNG. where youre already in the push fold mode.
  • 2 replies
    • helemaalnicks
      a 2-4% difference is great in p/f mode, so they are both right. In icm, it does notch up the hand by about 2-4 % against a random hand.

Q7o is 50% to win against avg. hand
      Ajo 54-55% to win against avg. hand

off course, its not this easy, so we cant say q7s is almost as good as ajo, since were not up against an avg. hand, most of the time villain wont call any two cards.

However, I think phil gordon means we shouldnt call all in with 53s, "because zomg they're suited", but rather fold them and wait for a better spot.

Also, limping any two suited cards, J2s f.e., at early stages won't be profitable, because you're hardly ever flop a flush, or even a 4-flush, and well be chasing unprofitable draws most of the times we do flop a four flush.
    • ManniXXX
      Yeah, I think it just gives you a little more flexibility when the cards are suited. So whilst you might be looking to push with K10o or better, suited might mean you can drop your kicker to an 8 or even lower depending on the situation. This is how i look at it anyway.