Finance department subforum

• L3ST
      L3ST
      Bronze
      Hey there,

I wanted to check with other people from the community how is best to keep bankroll, location and currency wise. Also, self-finance related questions might come up. I'm sure I'm not the only one. I found some great info on TT's blog and some other mid-high stakes players, but that was "stolen" info and discussing it 50-100 pages later is not really an option.

Jumping over the intro, what I'm proposing is this:

Finances forum in "Poker Forums".

The general topics would be:

Bankroll - currency and where to keep it ( a lot have changed since Black Friday, so I think is needed )

BRM on multiple sites

Currency conversion, previsions for USD:EUR rate and other currencies.

General guidelines to becoming a pro: something like buyins for current limit, how to get up the stakes, how much of living costs in advance to have in your bank account.

Offers section: I'm sure Moneybookers could consider making some offers for players willing to keep over 10K or so on their site instead of the poker sites ). I'm not reffering to interest here since I seen they don't offer that, but maybe cutting withdrawal fees to some limit.

The main idea of this subforum would be more experienced players sharing their point of view on this. Those topics would be sticky, making them easy to find by anyone interested in that info.

Normal topics could be open by any PS member that has a question.

I think this subforum would benefit everyone, including PokerStrategy. Improving in the Self-finance departament would mean better players overall, more rake, better statuses etc.

I know a new subforum is a hassle for all mods since there's more moderation, but esentially the subforum topic is already spread in various subforums here on PokerStrategy Forum.

Yes or no from other users would be great.
  • 7 replies
    • RubyWesson
      RubyWesson
      Bronze
      Im all for this i aint got a clue where to keep my money atm, maybe withdraw and put it all in me pillow;)
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi L3ST,

Thank you for this suggestion.

Adding a new forum board will probably be declined but we could find another solution for this. I'll check tomorrow in the office and get back to you.

Thank you so much for the detailed post, really nice.

Ingrid
    • RubyWesson
      RubyWesson
      Bronze
      Any news Ingrid?
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi Guys,

Yes. I have news.

We like the idea. We don't want to reject it but can't make it happen unless there is real need for it. I think in general it could be an awesome initiative but I also think that in 2 months the idea/thread might die.

I suggest, You guys create a thread for it and start adding/discussing. If it grows to a certain amount of posts/interest I'll do my best to support it and get a separate section for it.

I suppose you should do this either under "Small talk" or " General poker discussion". ~ I can even make it sticky for you.

Any help you need, please let me know.

Thank you
      Ingrid
    • L3ST
      L3ST
      Bronze
      Adding a new forum board will probably be declined

Is this standard policy for any new subforum or just for stuff like this?
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      If by "this" you mean that we first want to establish a healthy, persistent traffic about a certain topic before opening a new forum - yep ;)
      But I think that's the only way to ensure the forum doesn't look like a barren wasteland of hundreds upon hundreds of boards
    • RubyWesson
      RubyWesson
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Hadi
      If by "this" you mean that we first want to establish a healthy, persistent traffic about a certain topic before opening a new forum - yep ;)
      But I think that's the only way to ensure the forum doesn't look like a barren wasteland of hundreds upon hundreds of boards
      Yea i understand what you mean, OP if you need the help finding content and such just let me know :)