data mining

• 10 replies
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi Melissaash,

I don't know 888poker's official stance, but most poker rooms now frown on data mining activities as they can provide an unfair advantage to players that use it.

I personally would always express caution and refrain from such activities and ensure that you do not leave any software or "player stats" websites logged on whilst playing.

Software such as PokerStrategy.com's Elephant which only records the hands you're involved in is of course perfectly acceptable still.

The intentional mining of hands where you're not involved or having "calculator" type software open whilst playing however can get players into trouble, blocked accounts, bans etc.

Always check your own poker room's specific terms and conditions carefully.

Best regards,

Bart
    • Melissaash
      Melissaash
      Bronze
      dear eagle, im not using software, 888 as arcaic as it is, sends me observed hands :-)
    • Melissaash
      Melissaash
      Bronze
      if i sit at a table and sit out then hem receives hh
      when 888 lift me from the table hm still receives observed hh
      this is 888 problem not mine :-)
    • pavels4444
      pavels4444
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Melissaash
      if i sit at a table and sit out then hem receives hh
      when 888 lift me from the table hm still receives observed hh
      this is 888 problem not mine :-)
      yes HEM can do that on any software. I think it allowed me to observe up to 5 tables on pokerstars ... I dont really remember specifically and cant try it now since i have been in the us for a month but im pretty sure you can observe and import hands from observed tables... there is just some limit
    • Melissaash
      Melissaash
      Bronze
      i think stars have a 250 hand limit, but 888 seem to have no limit
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EagleStar88
      Hi Melissaash,

I don't know 888poker's official stance, but most poker rooms now frown on data mining activities as they can provide an unfair advantage to players that use it.

I personally would always express caution and refrain from such activities and ensure that you do not leave any software or "player stats" websites logged on whilst playing.

Software such as PokerStrategy.com's Elephant which only records the hands you're involved in is of course perfectly acceptable still.

The intentional mining of hands where you're not involved or having "calculator" type software open whilst playing however can get players into trouble, blocked accounts, bans etc.

Always check your own poker room's specific terms and conditions carefully.

Best regards,

Bart
      Hi Bart

I have checked with 888 and they allow datamining therefore i have left the thread

Best regards

Thazar
    • Melissaash
      Melissaash
      Bronze
      cheers for the info, its totaly outragous that they allow datamining in this day and age in my opinion
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      a few site do )

at the end of the day I still play uNL and I don't think it is very important. If someone wants to spend $$ and get some stats on me good on them because I am learning and my game changes all the time. So I am not bothered about it at the moment.

;)

Thazar
    • skatelouis
      skatelouis
      Bronze
      I want to know exactly how to do it.

If I understand, what I have to do is :
      1. I sit at the table
      2. I immediately choose to sitout so i'm like in AFK mod
      3. I'm still in AFK mod but I can't leave my chair without losing my ability to collect hands.
      4. How can I leave my chair and still collect HH with HEM? Is it possible?
    • Gerovit
      Gerovit
      Bronze
      Originally posted by skatelouis
      I want to know exactly how to do it.

If I understand, what I have to do is :
      1. I sit at the table
      2. I immediately choose to sitout so i'm like in AFK mod
      3. I'm still in AFK mod but I can't leave my chair without losing my ability to collect hands.
      4. How can I leave my chair and still collect HH with HEM? Is it possible?
      There are sites that datamine for you - you just have to pay