Dealt to Hero A:club: J:heart:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $1, BB raises to $3.25, Hero calls $2.25

FLOP ($6.50) 4:heart: 5:spade: J:diamond:

Hero checks, BB bets $4.20, Hero calls $4.20

TURN ($14.90) 4:heart: 5:spade: J:diamond: J:club:

Hero checks, BB bets $8, Hero raises to $18 (AI), BB calls $10

RIVER ($50.90) 4:heart: 5:spade: J:diamond: J:club: 6:diamond:

Villain is 32/28/14.8 3bet.

Even though I am OOP, did not like the idea of folding preflop because he 3bets a whole lot of hands and I had an aggressive image. Against his 3bet range AJo has 50% equity. Happy to see that turn obviously.

But the preflop and flop concerns me the most, was it OK to play this way?
  • 2 replies
    • amplifyd
      Imo 4b bluff preflop is not so bad. Even having 50% eq is not gonna be so +EV when you are OOP all the time w/o initiative.

As played rest of hand is nh imo.
    • Bierbaer
      Call pre is fine vs a bluffhappy opponent with a wide 3bettingrange, but on the turn the ch/shove is horrible!!
      There's absolutely nothing to gain with the c/shove - he is never calling anything worse except worse Jx, but he'd shove those on the river himself anyway.
      So you just get him to fold the huge bluffingpart of his range which he can easily get it in with on the river if you check to him again.
      In case you check and he checks back smth like QQ or TT, don't worry! He will snapfold this to a turnshove so you did definitely not loose anything by not getting it in - there's just no way to stack those hands given the board and the action.