This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 2 hands (2nl, fr); JJ, 55.

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      this hand came up and looking back on it my play just seemed so wrong - i still won the hand but im not interested in that because i'm fairly sure my play was stupid.

Known players:      
      Hero:
      $2.6
      MP3:
      $2.54

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with J:spade: , J:diamond:
      3 folds, MP3 raises to $0.08, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.07, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.18) K:spade: , T:spade: , T:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $0.12, Hero calls $0.12.

Turn: ($0.42) 4:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.3, MP3 calls $0.30.

River: ($1.02) T:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.6, MP3 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.02

so was this really stupid or what? at the time i didn't think he hit a pair of K on the flop and his betting didn't indicate trips to me. looking back on it though i have no idea why i played it this way and this sort of hand is probably a major leak in my game....
      next.......

Known players:      
      Hero:
      $2.26
      MP3:
      $1.1
      BU:
      $1.2

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 5:spade: , 5:club:
      2 folds, Hero calls $0.02, MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.04, CO folds, BU raises to $0.08, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.06, MP3 calls $0.04.

Flop: ($0.27) K:heart: , 5:heart: , 3:club: (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $0.1, BU folds, Hero raises to $0.58, MP3 calls $0.48.

Turn: ($1.43) J:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.6 (All-In), MP3 calls $0.44 (All-In), Hero gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

River: ($2.31) A:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $2.31

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows three-of-a-kind, fives (5s 5c)
      MP3 shows (Kc Qd)

Hero wins with three-of-a-kind, fives (5s 5c)

in this one i know my reraise on the flop made no sense. i was really distracted at that point in time and my logic may have been off but here it is: he raised preflop, gave me correct implied odds to call and the pot was 3way so when i hit trips i was very happy besides the draw heavy board. i knew this guy would fire a cbet into me so that's why i checked it but i understand that was probably a mistake on a board with this texture. anyway when he did cbet i decided to raise a rather large and random amount because a) i was fairly sure he had a strong hand, just not as strong as mine so he would probably call, b) i wanted to protect against draws, and c) my mum was having a go at me for not stripping the wallpaper..

is my thinking okay here (at least with the second hand - i understand i played the first one pretty badly)?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DrDunne,

First of all would be great if 1 hand per thread so we could concentrate on just one hand and don't have to scroll too much. :D Thanks!

Hand #1
      Shouldn't be a very bad play actually but I wouldn't Bet the river. There ain't just worse hands which Call you. Turn donk can still achieve that you get value from some draws.

Hand #2
      Seems to be fine, I wouldn't change much.

Best regards.