This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

HU against shortstack - minus EV? Need expert advice!

• SilverSag
      SilverSag
      Bronze
      Lately, in order to get action on more tables, I have been opening new tables quite a lot and that is why I find myself in heads-up or short-handed situations until table fills up. I see this as good practice for SH tables, so no problem there, but...

I have one question:

Is it profitable in general to play against $5 shortie heads-up if I have full $25 stack?

And what to do in following scenarios:

1) shortie is unknown
      2) shortie is a well known regular, who follows very good SS
      3) shortie is a well known fish
      4) we have multiple (2-3) shorties

What about midstacks?

I suspect that it is not profitable unless I know 100% that he will reload when busted and even then I doubt it... I would really appreciate detailed answers from people who know, thank you! :f_cool:

p.s. if there is some kind of guide or discussion about this already I would appreciate if someone would provide a link. :f_cool:
  • 3 replies
    • SilverSag
      SilverSag
      Bronze
      Not a single answer!? :f_confused:
    • Zheelvern
      Zheelvern
      Bronze
      Very profitable against all non pro SS villains as they are LOL bad (mostly looking for quick double-up, quick action or w/e).
    • sapheal
      sapheal
      Global
      hi SilverSag :) ,

If you play better than the shortstack then it's profitable. On the contrary, if you're worse than the shortstacker, then it's -EV. The same rule applies to midstacks and full stacks, and deep stacks.

Unkown shortstacks are usually recreational players. It'd be very rare to find a professional shortstacker. Still, if you're better than him, you can play with him.

Cheers,
      Michal