can everyone see my cards or something?

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      GRR so far today i've played 180 hands and i've been trying to play proper poker. i get dealt AK like 6 times already so i bump it the standard raise and everyone folds. this has happened 5 times. the 6th time i got a walk when i was BB. JOKE 1.

i have been dealt KK 3 times already today, so i bump it and get uncalled 2 times, the other time someone raised before me so i reraised and he folded. JOKE 2.

just as i'm writing this i get AA and sing along with me now.... they all fold. i don't think that would be so bad but it happened just as i was finishing my session last night about 3 times as well.

what's the icing on the cake you ask? well my friends... let me tell you a tale...

one day, while playing poker, DrDunne was very frustrated indeed. playing on 2nl he assumed as usual that the opponents were not really the 'thinking' type (even though he is one of these players himself). he would bet his strong hands for value and never really try and bluff unless it were a c-bet of course. "patience is a virtue" they say, and on this fine and rainy morning in the UK, DrDunne was the definition of patience; sitting on his bed with the douvet wrapped around him in a cave-like manner somewhat like a spider, waiting for An Insect or a fly to enter the trap. needless to say, such insects as The Big Slick, The Cowboys, The Ladies and even the rare Rockets eventually made a brief appearance only to escape the grasp of the calm arachnid. over time, DrDunne grew hungry and questioned the capacity of the insects; "can they SEE my web?", he thought to himself. in a feeble attempt to adjust to the environment, DrDunne decided to loosen his ways and open up even though this meant disregarding everything he had learnt, it was merely a desperate attempt to feed and put an end to this starvation. a marginal insect came along and DrDunne decided to go in for the kill in a most aggressive manner. it was only while out of his lair did he realise that this particular insect was in fact a trap and he then saw that he was dominated by a larger predator.

moral of the story - dont try and adapt to the table's tightness by loosening up at 2nl. get awesome hands and raise? get folded to. get spec hands and raise? get called and face DOMINATION. fail.
  • 9 replies
    • Saruniks
      Saruniks
      Bronze
      Didn't understand what you tried to say, but that video is cool. I am so relieved that the small insect was alive. Look how cute it is. I mean he is trying yo get out of weeb so bad.
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by Saruniks
      Didn't understand what you tried to say, but that video is cool. I am so relieved that the small insect was alive. Look how cute it is. I mean he is trying yo get out of weeb so bad.
      +1
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      LOL prob shouldn't have gone off on one.... it is a cool vid tho
    • purple16
      purple16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DrDunne
      GRR so far today i've played 180 hands and i've been trying to play proper poker. i get dealt AK like 6 times already so i bump it the standard raise and everyone folds. this has happened 5 times. the 6th time i got a walk when i was BB. JOKE 1.

i have been dealt KK 3 times already today, so i bump it and get uncalled 2 times, the other time someone raised before me so i reraised and he folded. JOKE 2.

just as i'm writing this i get AA and sing along with me now.... they all fold. i don't think that would be so bad but it happened just as i was finishing my session last night about 3 times as well.

moral of the story - dont try and adapt to the table's tightness by loosening up at 2nl. get awesome hands and raise? get folded to. get spec hands and raise? get called and face DOMINATION. fail.
      That is what happening to me today :s_cry:
    • NikolaB85
      NikolaB85
      Bronze
      it happens to me every 2-3 days,so don't be that much disappointed.

If you expect that you will always be called with your monsters,well you better quit now... You are not the only one who can read monster cards at the opponent and now a days peoples play tight,most of them play very small amount of hands (just like you) and when they play they hope some1 will eventually call. So you need to stick to your playing style and wait,just like you do and the fish will hook up,but you should know that fishes join tables in 30 minutes sometimes maybe in 1h so stay focus and hope you will be the one who will eat the fish :D
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Haha loved your little spider analogy/story :D As you said yourself, you just gotta keep patient, eventually the callers will come :D
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      lol glad you liked it wriggers! and NikolaB85 did you (when it was up and running normally) play on FTP at 2NL multitabling 24 tables or something?? if that was you then i remember you cos you were playing almost every time i was and on almost every one of my tables.... maybe it was you maybe it wasnt you...
    • NikolaB85
      NikolaB85
      Bronze
      well it could be but i play max 10-11 tables at one time,can't even imagine to play more then 10 tables :rolleyes:
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      i see. i remember you stacked me with a flush not too long ago X( maybe i will stack you next time...