This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 2nl, fr, KK again

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      hey this hand just came up...

Known players:     
      Hero:
      $2
      MP1:
      $1.16

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:heart: , K:spade:
      MP1 calls $0.02, 5 folds, Hero raises to $0.10, MP1 calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.21) A:spade: , T:club: , 8:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.15, MP1 calls $0.15.

Turn: ($0.51) 3:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.3, MP1 calls $0.30.

River: ($1.11) Q:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 bets $0.26, Hero calls $0.26.

Final Pot: $1.63

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP1 shows (9h 7h)
      Hero shows a pair of kings (Kh Ks)

Hero wins with a pair of kings (Kh Ks)

i felt like i was beat with the A on the board and him calling my c-bet on the flop but i got a bit married to the hand. so i bet the flop then when the turn came i contemplated checking but i didn't want to let it go.. then on the river his bet was so small it looked so bad so i just called. my question is how the hell would i play KK postflop when i get 1 caller and then an A comes on the board. obviously i C-bet and i would fold to a raise but what happens if the guy calls? do i fire again on the turn like i did and then check the river? i felt a little lost in that hand but glad i won it :D
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DrDunne,

The problem is that there ain't that many draws on flop. And that's why I don't even like to 2nd barrel. Rather just Check and take a look at his line.

But as played for the given odds ain't very wrong to Call and take a note on him.

Best regards.