This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

time to leave?

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      hi.. to seasoned BSS players: when is a suitable time to leave the table? in MSS i was leaving generally after 1 double up cos that was part of the strategy (i left after i hit the $1.20 mark on 2NL). so now im playing BSS on 2NL should i leave after like $4? or should i just keep going indefinitely until i finish the sesh or lose the BI or get bored or obviously if the table goes bad... i've found after a double up on BSS i sit tight, get a pretty good hand but end up going bust with it... maybe i need to quit after i win a certain amount?
  • 4 replies
    • themagpiespg
      themagpiespg
      Bronze
      It is up to u when u leave but by leaving with double stack u lock in ur profit and can start a new table and repeat it again.

When u have more experience and move up the limits them u can start to play with a much deeper stack but to start with just leave when u double through.

Hope this help u. :s_cool:
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      thanks dude. i'll start quitting after a nice win or 2. since i posted this i doubled up on a table to $4.50 and now i'm back down to $3.64 so i should probably take that advice lol.
    • sapheal
      sapheal
      Global
      Originally posted by DrDunne
      hi.. to seasoned BSS players: when is a suitable time to leave the table? in MSS i was leaving generally after 1 double up cos that was part of the strategy (i left after i hit the $1.20 mark on 2NL). so now im playing BSS on 2NL should i leave after like $4? or should i just keep going indefinitely until i finish the sesh or lose the BI or get bored or obviously if the table goes bad... i've found after a double up on BSS i sit tight, get a pretty good hand but end up going bust with it... maybe i need to quit after i win a certain amount?
      DrDunne,

Poker is all about playing +EV. You don't need to leave unless you don't want to play or your play (in your opinion) is worse than normally (on average).

Cheers,
      Michal
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      thanks for the input i can't really argue with that lol. the only reason i say that is probably because i'm scared of losing the profit if i stay too long. i'll stay at the tables for longer in future. i guess the more i have the more i can win so it makes perfect sense. :f_cool: