time to leave?

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      hi.. to seasoned BSS players: when is a suitable time to leave the table? in MSS i was leaving generally after 1 double up cos that was part of the strategy (i left after i hit the $1.20 mark on 2NL). so now im playing BSS on 2NL should i leave after like $4? or should i just keep going indefinitely until i finish the sesh or lose the BI or get bored or obviously if the table goes bad... i've found after a double up on BSS i sit tight, get a pretty good hand but end up going bust with it... maybe i need to quit after i win a certain amount?
  • 4 replies
    • themagpiespg
      themagpiespg
      Bronze
      It is up to u when u leave but by leaving with double stack u lock in ur profit and can start a new table and repeat it again.

When u have more experience and move up the limits them u can start to play with a much deeper stack but to start with just leave when u double through.

Hope this help u. :s_cool:
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      thanks dude. i'll start quitting after a nice win or 2. since i posted this i doubled up on a table to $4.50 and now i'm back down to $3.64 so i should probably take that advice lol.
    • sapheal
      sapheal
      Global
      Originally posted by DrDunne
      hi.. to seasoned BSS players: when is a suitable time to leave the table? in MSS i was leaving generally after 1 double up cos that was part of the strategy (i left after i hit the $1.20 mark on 2NL). so now im playing BSS on 2NL should i leave after like $4? or should i just keep going indefinitely until i finish the sesh or lose the BI or get bored or obviously if the table goes bad... i've found after a double up on BSS i sit tight, get a pretty good hand but end up going bust with it... maybe i need to quit after i win a certain amount?
      DrDunne,

Poker is all about playing +EV. You don't need to leave unless you don't want to play or your play (in your opinion) is worse than normally (on average).

Cheers,
      Michal
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      thanks for the input i can't really argue with that lol. the only reason i say that is probably because i'm scared of losing the profit if i stay too long. i'll stay at the tables for longer in future. i guess the more i have the more i can win so it makes perfect sense. :f_cool: