Back to the Micros

• ionasnorbert
      ionasnorbert
      Bronze
      Hey guys!

My name is Norbert, i'm from Romania, and i play SNGs.
      I have decided to make a blog, mostly to keep track of my results and such, and I've been willing to make one for quite some time.

So a little bit about me, I am a 20 year old student, currently in my 2nd year studying Engineering and Computer Science (it's pretty boring so whatever). I did a few years of theater, i like to play some guitar and i have a pretty active student life.

My poker playing started about 2 years ago, when i discovered Facebook and i used to play a lot of ZYNGA Poker (that site is rigged) and then slowly started getting better. I discovered a guy on youtube talking about poker and how you can make moneys and such so i got interested. After reading and playing on FTP with play money, i discovered Pokerstrategy, got my first 50$ on FTP.
      I think it took me like two months to have the guts to play with money, was really money scared. After like 6-7 months of grinding the micros on FTP i proudly reached the BR to play the low stakes and then... FTP CLOSED.

Currently i play on Party Poker where i had a non deposit Bonus from some site, donked off some plo and made like 120$ bucks from 25$ playing plo 25. SOLID BRM!

GRAPHS

Lifetime on FTP with some funny drawings of me.

GOALS FOR JULY:

:diamond: Play my A game
      :diamond: Review 5:1 (5 hours of playing and 1 hour of reviewing)
      :diamond: Improve mindset ( I tilt pretty easy and I am currently working on this! Thanks to Jared Tendler i am doing better)
      :diamond: 1K SNGs on Party
      :diamond: NO MORE PLO!
      :diamond: Watch at least 2 vids per week.

Hopefully I haven't bored you too much, I will be posting funny trollface pics every now and then because i find them really amusing and probably some songs i really enjoy while i play poker.

So now i will start grinding the 1$stts at Party Poker till i will reach bankroll for the 3$. I will be updating every now and then hopefully.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Wish me luck,
      Norbert
  • 28 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Good luck Norbert! Loving the graph :D :D
    • dydukas
      dydukas
      Platinum
      Loved those graphs. :) Keep updating!
    • ionasnorbert
      ionasnorbert
      Bronze
      UPDATE!

I really enjoy playing on party! Well micros are obviously super super soft and easy! But i really like the structure of these apparently "super turbos" because blinds are super fast, average duration is 17 minutes. They make so many mistakes, limping at very high blind levels. They basically have no clue.

Here is the graph!

I'm going to leave you with this funny little pic i made today in honor of PARTY POKER!

Been a bit busy lately which really sucks because i cannot put the volume i want too. I think i will now watch a few vids and end my day!

Good night and Good luck at the tables!

Wish me luck,
      Norbert
    • TilTmuch
      TilTmuch
      Global
      rb whore :f_biggrin:
      anyways, finnaly u got the guts to start ur blog (party)
      and nice comic :D :D
    • ionasnorbert
      ionasnorbert
      Bronze
      UPDATE

Well these past few days on Party are kinde meh, i'll let the graph speak for itself:

But today i seem to have made a major breakthrough in my mindset.

I had this pretty crazy situation:

Party Poker No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t300.00/t600.00 Blinds - 4 players - View hand 1369927
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (SB): t3760.00 6.27 BBs - VPIP: 20, PFR: 16, 3B: 5, AF: 2.4, Hands: 5952
      BB: t8185.00 13.64 BBs - VPIP: 68, PFR: 8, 3B: 20, AF: 1.0, Hands: 25
      CO: t5465.00 9.11 BBs - VPIP: 24, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 1.3, Hands: 25
      BTN: t2590.00 4.32 BBs - VPIP: 12, PFR: 7, 3B: 0, AF: 2.5, Hands: 153

Pre Flop: (t900) Hero is SB with Q :spade: Q :diamond:
      2 folds, Hero raises to t3760, BB calls t3160

Flop: (t7520) J :club: 7 :heart: 9 :club: (2 players)

Turn: (t7520) T :heart: (2 players)

River: (t7520) 4 :diamond: (2 players)

I wanted to start flaming like hell, but for a second my mind clicked back in and said to myself this is totally normal! That's poker! So i continued without any problems.

I felt really good about everything after that, finished my session, got a bit upset about the results but in the end this is what we do.

After a few books and videos these are some things that i keep repeating in my mind now and then and I would like to share them with you!

" LOGIC IS KEY!"
      "Play in the ZONE!"
      "Play for the LONGTERM !"
      "I ALWAYS IMPROVE!"
      "Leave your emotions and ego at the door !"

Tomorrow I will finish watching some mindset videos and maybe listen to a chapter from The poker Mindset.

Good nigh and Good luck at the tables,

Norbert
    • ionasnorbert
      ionasnorbert
      Bronze
      UPDATE!

RUNNING BAAAAAD!!!

Meh whatever, i played really good, made some marginal decisions and posted the hands in forum so i'm happy with that.
      Hopefully tommorow i will not make too many mistakes.

Finished watching mindset videos. Feeling really good about my mindset, haven't really tilted these past few games. Managed to stay focused most of the time but lost concentration earlier when i started to run bad, and last session this morning was pretty bad and made some missclicks which i really hate cause they cost me moneyz!

Overall I'm playing good, making good decisions, but for the time being the bad players are rewarded. A lot of players speak about downswings or upswings or luck or bad luck. I do not believe in these things! There is the law of large numbers and logic PERIOD!

I made a little funny drawing of how i ran today to cheer me up a little bit! Hopefully some of the readers too!

WISH ME LUCK!
      Norbert
    • matel17
      matel17
      Bronze

[/SIZE]

hahah :D :D

I enjoyed reading so far :) Good luck at the tables!
    • ionasnorbert
      ionasnorbert
      Bronze
      Updateeeeeee

So now I'm basically in Germany on vacation, having fun with friends and stuff so not a log going on poker wise. I get to play a little bit now and then but basically i left home with ~45bi below ev after running decent. I have been playing a bit here in Germany but it seems that locations doesn't really matter... I run just as bad.

Basically a ton of coolers and a lot of important flips lost and players playing bad and keep hitting bla bla bla. Not really such a big deal, just seems like a really much to be running 45bi below ev. I am guessing this is however a bit more standard because of the rather super turbo structure at party poker but still, adding the sick rake with no rb I am down quite a bit and moving up seems like a distant dream.

I do not really see the light at the end of the tunnel yet but i think i will cash out and move to stars as soon as i get back home which will take a while. Hopefully in the meantime FTP will come back, i miss it so much, Party sucks!

No graphs or fancy pics today I'm afraid because my resources are rather limited!

Wish me luck!
      Norbert
    • NIVEKii
      NIVEKii
      Bronze
      That's not how you use the Y U NO meme :(
    • ionasnorbert
      ionasnorbert
      Bronze
      Hello! I am back from Germany and i can finally start playing some poker again. Not that i haven't played in Germany, but i didn't really get to play too much. However i have been thinking about poker and setting my mindset for the following months because i basically need to start again. FTP doesn't show a sign of coming back very soon so I will basically start over again and I think that PARTY isn't the best place to do that.

I think i will cashout and move to STARS, but not sure if right away and idk how much cashout takes. Hopefully till next month i will have everything figured out. For now i think i will stick to party at least a week or two till I get my mind back to the poker game.

Life time solid graph on Party:

I have never been so coolered as I am on party. Hopefully this is just a stage and i will start to make actual profit!

I am basically waiting suggestions on what is the best thing I should do. Move on stars? Play on party till FTP is back? Maybe another skins is better of SNG's ? Any suggestions are much appreciated!

Wish me luck!
      Norbert
    • Gerovit
      Gerovit
      Bronze
      DO NOT play on Party micro sng's because of the rake.
      Again for micro sng player stars valueback system is very low.
      I suggest playing on a flat rb site with low rake or/and good 1st deposit bonus
      Maybe start on ongame because of best clearance rate for fdb's switching skins and when you clear them all to a rb site
    • ionasnorbert
      ionasnorbert
      Bronze
      Well it sure has been a while! I have finally managed to deposit on POKERSTARS!
      I will start playing the 18 man 1.5$ sngs they have over there, because a friend of mine is also playing these 18 man and they are
      a lot better than 9 mans.
      First of all the prize pool is very top heavy:

1st $9.52
      2nd $7.12
      3rd $4.12
      4th $ 2.37

An average and decent roi should be at around 10%+ SO i have these challenges:

:spade: Play ABC poker at these micro lvls, no fancy stuff
      :spade: Seeing that it's 18th of August already i will try to play like minimum 500 sngs till the end of month. I have just started using Table Ninja and hopefully i will start mass tabling soon!
      :spade: Learn to mass table!
      :spade: Watch at least 3-4 vids till the end of the month!
      :spade: Work even more on mindset!

I think thats it so far. Hopefully will move to the next level by the end of the month!

and a little funneh for you guys:

Wish me luck,
      Norbert
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      I'm in :)
    • ionasnorbert
      ionasnorbert
      Bronze
      Originally posted by roopopper
      I'm in :)

What do you mean? :D Are you also playing these micros?
    • Leffy
      Leffy
      Bronze
      I'll follow your blog. Just started doing 1.5$ 9-man SNG on pokerstars.. Hopefully you'll get a better start then me. First 70 games I went ~15 BI under EV.
      Good luck at the 18-mans :f_biggrin:
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      More pics plz.....

gl sir
    • ionasnorbert
      ionasnorbert
      Bronze
      Playing on Pokerstars is really awsome! I had a lot of fun playing these $1.5 18 man sngs. They are very very soft and it's easy money. Basically i will play about 750 sng till the end of August so i can make Platinum because of this promotion.
      I started playing 10 tables stacked with Table Ninja and then moved up to 12 but there was basically no difference so today i will start 15 tables and hopefully till next week i will play 20 tables.

New challenges:

:spade: Play 750 sngs by the end of the month (should be super easy if i start to 20 table)
      :spade: Make Platinum on stars (because of the 10% promo)

Here is a little non poker related funneh at which i really LOLed:
      (i did not make it nor do i know the original source)

Good luck at the tables,
      Norbert
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      Cartoons! Woooo! I like this blog.
    • ionasnorbert
      ionasnorbert
      Bronze
      Well i have had some fun playing these 18 mans, running a bit poorly, but i think i do OK. Well i only play these for the volume, not really interested in improving my game too much, or fine tune some maybe mistakes, because i don't really have time. I need to grind my way to PLATINUM! and so far its going good.

Here is a graph of my quest:

People play horribad in these sngs so all I need to do is play a lot of them. Getting a few coolers, a few suckouts, a few bad beads, but i give a few back :D

Hopefully i will start running a bit better. At least i don't tilt as much now, which is really great. Anyone else play these 18 mans? I wouldn't mind chatting about these sngs if anyone is interested.

And a little funneh i made today cause i made quads:

Good luck at the tables,
      Norbert