Everest tables, disable resize? (advice ITT)

• w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      For those of you that don't know, you can make the tables smaller by manually changing the resolution in the settings file.

The problem is, if you accidentally click the edge of the table it snaps back to the original resolution and the only way to revert to the smaller size again is to leave the table, re-save the settings file, and then rejoin! (As you can imagine this is pretty annoying)

Do any tech-heads or everest-regs know of a way to disable the resizing of everest tables, perhaps even an option within my (windows 7) OS instead of an everest-side change.

I did see that there is some software available in the stickied thread but a) really don't know anything about the guy and b) would rather avoid shelling out money if I can. Besides, I don't think I need anything sophisticated, just a way to disable window resizing.

Any help would be awesome, thanks a lot guys.
  • 5 replies
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      http://resizer.donkpedia.org/

Hmm, seems this free software might be semi useful. At least you don't have to leave a table now to resize it again.

This software is actually listed in the FAQ sticky, I just would have expected to find it in the tools sticky.
    • sootedAs
      sootedAs
      Bronze
      Sounds cool, I'll give it a try after my exam... I promised myself I wont play a hand until then :P
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Some more advice for you guys.

If you choose to manually change table size in settings file, it helps to then disable "bring table to front when it's my turn" which will prevent you from accidentally clicking on the table edges (and causing it to snap resize).

When resizing manually in settings file, maintain aspect ratio of 4:3 for best result.

If you should happen to accidentally click table edge, use donkresizer to quickly solve the problem
    • cetosalisi
      cetosalisi
      Gold
      I tried changing the table size manually and donk resizer , both works .. I just want to ask is there a way I can enlarge the fonts of the bet sizes ? they're hard to see specially when multitabling .. Thanks !
    • matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      I don't know but you can surely do it in the chat box.