[NL2-NL10] nl2 sh aj paired board

• Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Same 80/13 guy, 52% wts, 43% w$sd

after last hand had a read he bluffs his missed draws, so I checked the river.

Or should I play bet/bet/bet? Or play it differently?

Thanks!

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($2.81)
      BB ($3.37)
      UTG ($1.90)
      CO ($1.71)
      BTN ($1.24)

Dealt to Hero A:heart: J:club:

fold, CO calls $0.02, BTN calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.12, BB calls $0.10, fold, fold

FLOP ($0.28) 3:club: J:heart: Q:spade:

Hero bets $0.20, BB calls $0.20

TURN ($0.68) 3:club: J:heart: Q:spade: Q:heart:

Hero bets $0.40, BB calls $0.40

RIVER ($1.48) 3:club: J:heart: Q:spade: Q:heart: 8:spade:

Hero checks, BB bets $0.62, Hero calls $0.62
  • 6 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Jim4rdo,

Yeah, against that kind of station rather just Bet/Bet/Bet. :) But of course if you really had good reads that he is capable of bluffing with a lot of missed draws then should be fine to Check/Call as well.

Best regards.
    • sausage646
      sausage646
      Bronze
      only missed draw is back door heart flush draw because T9 got there.. I don't think you are beating much on river. And is he really bluffing whit 1/3 pot size bet? We can beat JK and split against JA , so i would more likely fold.
    • Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      I think he could sasuage. If he's playing passively c/c first 2 streets and think he's floating well, surely his river bet would be a little more to try and get a call off a lone Q, or any TP?

heart draw misses, but gutshot nut straight draw misses too.

This is also the guy on the last hand who called first 2 streets and bet about 1/3 pot with air last time, so that's where I got the read from. But maybe against a tight/unknown player i'd possibly fold
    • sausage646
      sausage646
      Bronze
      If you have a read than whats the point of posting? If you know this move from him is a bluff, it's easy call nothing to debate, but usually at this spot you will be beat..
    • Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sausage646
      If you have a read than whats the point of posting? If you know this move from him is a bluff, it's easy call nothing to debate, but usually at this spot you will be beat..
      For me though it isn't just an "easy call, no debate" even with these reads. I'm still fairly new so need advice on this type of thing. And well because I don't know whether or not at this spot we're usually beat in general, hence asking for evaluation on the hand, and to ask if we had no reads but those stats how would we act accordingly in the future

also, I'm not posting hands I win so I can gloat about a good call down, or anything. I post hands w/o the results, but all the info, so I can actually ask for evaluation. And I post hands that I win and hands that I lose, because they're both just as important for me
    • sausage646
      sausage646
      Bronze
      just wanted to help, didn't wanted to offense, if I did I am sorry.°
      Try to use PokerStrategy.com Equilab and put your opponents range and your hand, that will be very good for your growth... good luck