[NL20-NL50] NL25SH : KK meets set ?

• SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)
      BU:
      $42.45
      BB:
      $29.39
      Hero:
      $24.89
      SB:
      $20.60
      CO:
      $26.69

0.10/0.35 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K:club: , K:heart: . CO posts a blind of $0.35.
      Hero raises to $1.25, CO folds, BU calls $1.25, 2 folds.

Flop: ($3.20) 6:diamond: , T:club: , 7:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2, BU raises to $6.00, Hero calls $4.00.

Turn: ($15.20) Q:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $9, BU raises to $35.20 (All-In), Hero folds.

Final Pot: $56.40

I called the flop raise because contibets are often raised at that table or so I noticed. Didn't feel like pushing just yet, but gage his reaction a turnbet. Couldn't be sure of being up against a set on the flop just yet and I didn't feel like making a full protective bet on the turn as they usually don't see what it means on NL25 anway and I don't wanna be pot committed.
  • 9 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think you can´t play bet/fold on the turn. If you believe that you´re behind play bet/fold on the flop, if not then play bet/call turn.
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      I only believe from the turn onwards I'm behind.
      On the flop I have little reason to assume that as they reraise contibets a lot (at least, at that table, they seemed to do)
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      If they raise flops a lot, then re-raise/push the flop.
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Wouldn't that have cost me more ?
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Using my P&P (push and pray :D ) approach of NL hold'em:
      You say he's very aggressive on the flop. One way to find out if he has a good hand is to raise. That would be ~18$. You would have so little left that imo it doesn't change much if you push directly => push.

Other option: raise small (10-15$) and fold to a push, as that would indicate a strong hand. Of course you've got to determine if TPTK is a strong hand for him.

Actually I'm not 100% sure what I'd do in this situation, I usually think better in the middle of a hand. But I'm pretty sure you're ahead most of the time, or at least enough for a raise to be profitable. IMHO.
    • Cojack123
      Cojack123
      Black
      Standard line is call flop c/rai Turn
      or fold flop

when i played nl50 some aggressive people where only aggressiv at the flop
      and then give up at the turn.
      At the turn some check there good hands and only bet with bluffs.
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      A check-raise on the turn would most likely put me all-in.
      To my judgment, I think I lost as much money I should have on that hand and not a penny more. I really doubt they'd be holding a hand worth less than mine and that's why I bet out, for that information.
      I feel most NL25 players are quite straight forward given my interpretation of their stats (talking about a general TAG with a high contibet raise percentage here)
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      c/rai- means check/raise all-in:)
      So if you believe that you´re ahead, then you´re going to play for stacks on the turn
    • ImbAA
      ImbAA
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SonicXT
      A check-raise on the turn would most likely put me all-in.
      To my judgment, I think I lost as much money I should have on that hand and not a penny more. I really doubt they'd be holding a hand worth less than mine and that's why I bet out, for that information.
      I feel most NL25 players are quite straight forward given my interpretation of their stats (talking about a general TAG with a high contibet raise percentage here)
      100% true