had enough! is it rigged or???

• tino87
      tino87
      Bronze
      I have been playing online for 2 1/2 years was mainly on FT and bit on stars but now obviously on stars, i know about variance and all of that and hate to think poker is rigged but cant help but question it sometimes, my run of bad beats this week on stars have been outrageous,e.g my all in with aa gets beat my ak with opponent hitting straight on river to knock me out tourney deep with $55 buy in then im playing s n g $60 6 seater and guy nxt to me shoves all in i call with 66 for half my stack he turns over pair of 5s so im miles ahead but no surprise he
      hits 5 on turn and 5 on river to make 4 of a kind!!
      seriously its driving me up the wall at mo i play good poker and im itm reguarly in tourneys but jut seem to suckout to worse hands non stop at mo help me!!!
      stokenboy
  • 30 replies
    • themagpiespg
      themagpiespg
      Bronze
      Now how u fell its a bitch when it happens 1 bad beat after another. U just have push through it. :s_confused:
    • totts
      totts
      Bronze
      ime thinking the same player u go deep, and your hand thats miles a head pre flop gets crushd buy much weeker hands like aces on jacks and the guy hits a straight i know in poker it happens but its seems to happen all the time online. or when your all in wiv ak and sum 1got a10 and u lose it is mad it just seems like it must be rigged sum times.been playin live lately its been refreshing for my poker
    • tino87
      tino87
      Bronze
      and today sagain deep in tourney 33 remaining i shove 77 get called by big stack with 66 guess what!!yes he hits the f ing 6 !!how am i ever gunna win when this shit keeps goin on
    • purple16
      purple16
      Bronze
      I wonder haven't you ever beat someone with lucky river card, huh ? :f_mad:
    • Hamlet77
      Hamlet77
      Bronze
      I went throuhg the same crap.
      Winner at FullTilt, great loser at PokerStars.. moved to other two sites and now Im winning again.

I had an expectacular run at PokerStars.. every single time I had pocket K's I was being fused by runner runner.

Somehow I dont blame on my oponents. They certainly did what I wanted them to do: "Put their chips allin".... but wow, runner runner every single time? C'mon!

Anyway. We can not probe PokerStars is rigged., and probably we will never probe it
      But what is really probed is that if someone plays in a site thinking that the site is rigged, it is highly probable that this player is going to lose.

My recommendation: move out from there to somewhere you can be happy, live happy, play happy :f_love:
    • jass1960
      jass1960
      Bronze
      .... STARS is not rigged, FT was not rigged!

Variance, variance, variance.

Just live with it.

2 hands this week. I could show 2 worse bad beats in the last hour, but it doesn't matter - what matters is what happens in a month or a year - and in the last year I have never had a losing month.

And if you get the right mindset - neither will you :D

Cheers Jass :D
    • stevegold87
      stevegold87
      Bronze
      Hi there guys!

Jass is correct! I am actually having a bad run on stars as well but you guys have to understand variance and suffer through it!

It is hard for everyone to switch website and have a string of bad beats to welcome you but just tell yourself that it is better to get rid of the bad variance fast so that you can enjoy the positive side of variance sooner :)

Just keep playing your A game and studying and the results will come. I can guarantee that!

Of course make sure to use proper BRM so that you can handle that variance :) .

Also you might want to check the psychology section of this website that has good articles....

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/psychology/

Take care and good luck to all!

Simon
    • Blade90
      Blade90
      Bronze
      Heh online poker sure is a strange beast, but I dont think it is rigged. Also, ur playing 55 dollar tourneys and asking these types of questions?? NICE
    • kjharv
      kjharv
      Bronze
      so sick of this online100 freeroll tourny where some jackass goes all in every hand finally call him with Ace King suited spades he has 5/4offsuit and he catches 4 running diamonds 2 make a flush if someone did that in a live tourny i'd punch them right in the mouth... online poker takes no skill or very little and alot of BS luck #### idiots ...........you can use all the betting strategy you want or all the poker strategy on this site 90% of the time it won't help you playing the retards on these sites
    • cashroll874
      cashroll874
      Bronze
      weirdly, after ive started playing on stars ive had soooo many bad beats.
      at partypoker or FTP ive been winning player.
      i ALWAYS play the same way, i dont tilt, but anyways, ive been 10 BI down,after 10k hands.

dunno whats up..
      but today ive had kinda upswing so thats allright ;D
    • Saruniks
      Saruniks
      Bronze
      You are very good but online poker is rigged? Go to play live poker and make millions.

Problem? :coolface:
    • tino87
      tino87
      Bronze
      i understand variance and all that but honestly i have never run soo bad when been doing so well im a good mtt player been in cash many times example im last 25 in the bigger 55 with 5k entries after 8 hours play i get shoved agains on blinds i have kk i call he has aa i measn come on then next hand have a10 i shove as im shortstacked now bb calls aq fair enough but i hit 10 on flop so way ahead but with 2 diamonds on board and with him holding 1 guess what 1st the turn then another 1 on river for a flush and after 9 long hours where i played so well i crash out how can i avoid that!!variance fair enough or just hard bad luck its enough to make me want to quit this game sometimes!!
    • Slimijs
      Slimijs
      Global
      Always when I hear the word variance, I get a little bit pissed off. I think it should we should call it something other like ...

That fuxking fish got lucky.

And to OP, every major tourney I played recently, I lost with AK to AJ on a river J.
    • tino87
      tino87
      Bronze
      Like u said I've dug deep stuck at it and ran well in 109 turbo and won 2k four 4th had my aq beat by kj to knock me out but happy with 4th now onto win the Sunday million!!
    • winmore24
      winmore24
      Bronze
      i agree to all of u guys.. we share the same torment... online poker is really RIGGED.. i think no pokersite has ever played fair... i'll stop playing this nonsense crap... now i got a new saying... "if you hate someone, show him how to play online poker"!
    • winmore24
      winmore24
      Bronze
      im pretty sure that all these people that say online poker is not rigged are those type of player that will go ALL-IN with a 54 suited at hand and WIN...
    • Gerovit
      Gerovit
      Bronze
      Are you kidding?

You guys are leveling right?

http://ispokerrigged.com/
    • YxieAA
      YxieAA
      Silver
      about the PS freerolls. Where are all of you who registered? There are to many absent players at the freerolls! X( , as on many freerolls at any site, but come on, we are Poker Strategists and and as we register we will be there to play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It actualy happend twice that i was the only player present at a table for quite sometime, i almost got RSI from raising, raising, raising....

I really think that absent players should be removed from the tables after let say 5 minits when it comes to freerolls. They did that at Everst when played there but i don't know if they still do that.
    • ferotaraba
      ferotaraba
      Bronze
      dont tell me about variance.... some suckouts are just too much...

ill give you 3 examples :

1) what would you think? played cash game NL5 on Full Tilt, got aces, some guy raised preflop from UTG i re-raised him he 4-bet i pushed all in..... he

CALLED!!!!!!!!!

with Q3o..

flop: A 2 8
      turn: 4
      river: 5

well, i know this could happen, AA vs Q3o is about 88% favorite, so ofc there is chance of losing, everyone knows it, but dont tell me anyone would CALL all in with Q3o... not even a retar.ded guy who plays for the 1st time.

ofc, unless it was some kind of a bot, or he could see the hole cards, or he has some kind of a algorythm cracker....

this is too much... i can live with losing with AA against AK or AQ, yeah, it can happen, but dont tell me anyone would call with Q3o. and magically hit baackdoor straight.

and wait for another one.. this is even better:

2) had 9Ts, guy raised from MP2, i called on CO

flop comes 678, he bets, i raise, he re-raises i push, he calls...
      turns over K6o (went all in with low pair)

turn K river K... ;)

3) im holding kings in UTG+1, i raise, guy behind me re-raises i 4bet.... he calls

flop comes 4 K T rainbow, i check, he raises i go all in, he calls.... he shows 52s..

turn A
      river 3

i asked him whether he thinks he played it right (calling a 4bet with 52s) and then going all in with 5 high.. he said he played it because it was suited... and that he called the all in because he thought i was bluffing.... (probably thought he had me anyways with 5 high..)

PLS DONT TELL ME ABOUT VARIANCE ;)

btw, now i moved to party poker and im not getting all these suckouts.