3 Joke Hands!

• Gezep
      Gezep
      Bronze
      Preflop: Hero is BU with K, K.
      MP2 calls $0.05, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, SB raises to $1.00, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1.90, SB calls $0.90.

Flop: ($3.9) 6, 2, 3 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $2.00, SB calls $2.00.

Turn: ($7.9) 9 (2 players)
      SB bets $4.12, Hero calls $1.01.

River: ($13.03) 4 (2 players)

Final Pot: $13.03.

SB shows a straight, seven high(7 5).
      Hero shows a pair of kings(K K).

SB wins with a straight, seven high(7 5).

How can anyone call a raise preflop with 75o?

The other two hands were both on ladbrokes so the hands converter does not work. But I was Dealt KK again on the Button. There was a raise in front of me which i chose to re raise fo which i then faced an all in. This player was playing incredibly loose so i chose to call. He turns over 82s and gets the flush on the river.

Finally again on ladbrokes i get dealt JJ on the Button. Everyone folded in front of me. I raise 4BB and Then the player in the BB chose to min re raise me of which i raised again and he called.

Flop Showed 9 5 J rainbow.

The strength he showed pre flop would suggest he would have a pocket pair at best here. He raises on the flop i obviously re raise of which he goes all in which i again obviously call. Im expecting him to turn over AA,KK,QQ? No He turns over 95 and hits another 5 on the river.

Remind me again why do i play this game?
  • 5 replies
    • sebralane
      sebralane
      Bronze
      u won last hand vs 95 then ..

u had jjj 55 he had 555 99
      u won dude
    • dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Gold
      Why did you 4bet so small 1st hand? I would raise like $2.30 or so then cbet 2/3 pot, get it in easier
    • Gezep
      Gezep
      Bronze
      For some incredibly strange reason probably due to me titlting so bad after loosing the first two. I had not registerd the hand correctly. Got it confused with an earlier hand. I did not hit trip Js on the flop. Flop showed 9 5 2 rainbow turn 4 and then reiver another 5! I was already behind after the flop!
    • Gezep
      Gezep
      Bronze
      In reply to Danny. I should have 4 bet higher then? I had been doing quite well. Untill FTP went down I have been playing at Pokerstars and have done terrible!
    • stevegold87
      stevegold87
      Bronze
      Hi Gezep!

Just my 2 cents here you should try to focus on the results of thousands of hands and not 2-3 hands! these situations will happens often and sometimes you might be the one that will do a suckout on the river with the worst hand :) .

Make sure to keep studying and you will see that you will win those hands most of the times even tho, I can understand how frustrating it is to see people make calls with such bad hands...!

Also, make sure you post some hands in the evaluation forums to make sure you played the hand optimaly !

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/forum/board.php?boardid=1387

Take care and good luck!