NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Poker Stars
      SB ($39.22)
      BB ($25)
      UTG ($26.70)
      UTG+1 ($30.13)
      CO ($51.55)
      Hero ($25)

Dealt to Hero K:spade: K:heart:

UTG calls $0.25, fold, CO raises to $0.50, Hero raises to $1.50, SB calls $1.40, fold, UTG calls $1.25, CO calls $1

FLOP ($6.25) 9:club: J:club: 6:spade:

SB checks, UTG checks, CO checks, Hero bets $4.75, SB folds, UTG calls $4.75, CO calls $4.75

TURN ($20.50) 9:club: J:club: 6:spade: J:spade:

UTG checks, CO checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($20.50) 9:club: J:club: 6:spade: J:spade: T:diamond:

UTG bets $8.50, CO calls $8.50, Hero ??

I think this is a pretty safe fold, maybe I am wrong.

Im not sure about turn play either am i playing too safe? I have no history with these players this is the third hand on table.
  • 5 replies
    • Bierbaer
      Bierbaer
      Bronze
      Check flop.
      If you get a call here you're not much of a favourite because most draws are somthing like FD+GS, FD+OESD or FD+overs.
      If you get checkraised you have to fold.
      At the same time even if there's only a call, you have trouble continuing on a lot of turns.
      While HU it is ok to bet, vs the combined ranges of 3 opponents you almost never get all of them to fold, and 1 call is enough to make your hand very hard to play.

So as played the turn is a check and the river is an easy fold, this is Jx (or a straight, etc) pretty much always.
    • adamall
      adamall
      Bronze
      so you think in future I am better off, check folding flop like this?

Is that optimal? I understand why it just seems a bit weak
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by adamall
      so you think in future I am better off, check folding flop like this?

Is that optimal? I understand why it just seems a bit weak
      I´m not Bierber, but c/f flop seems really big mistake to me.
      You´re 3-way against 2 fish where you can easily bet/fold flop to 5$ and then shove on blank turn card
      They would call you with worse hands and you don´t really have to worry getting c/r that often or if you always get c/r then likely they are also doing that with worse hands and you can stack off with your kings.

Can´t really flop set on every hand, so I´m quite happy playing there for stacks with my overpair if they just c/c
    • adamall
      adamall
      Bronze
      Does that mean folding any turns like this is still fine in this situation (obv including clubs).
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by adamall
      Does that mean folding any turns like this is still fine in this situation (obv including clubs).
      well it depends. If players are very loose then their range is definitely wider than just Jx and very often you can check it down or they bet very small with worse hands
      Against bet and call fold is fine