This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Yoo, I'm new to the site!

• deafeater
      deafeater
      Bronze
      Hello everyone! I'm new here, but it's such a great site that I had to check out the forums.. ;)

There are many great tips about, so thank you for everything already!!
      I'm from the UK, I'm 19 and I used to play poker on facebook (i know i know. :/ )
      until I found this site and it's offering of $50 starting capital. I figured that I might as well give it a shot!

Anyways, after pretty much losing my bankroll at Fulltilt, and with it closing down, I was given the opportunity to play over at everest poker.

I decided that I'm going to challenge myself to try and turn that $50 into $1000..

Probably impossible for me, as I'm awful at BRM, however, I'm forcing myself to follow strict guidelines and I'm slowly pushing forward..

Anyways, that's enough about me.. :P

Ask anything you like, if you're interested.. :)

Cheers,
      -DE
  • 10 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Yooo :D -DE,

Big welcome to our community!

I think I've seen you in Aivaras's blog :) He is an inspiration right?

You are right, BRM is very important and I think once you manage to stick to it you'll be thankful that you've done it.

I hope you'll be able to build a new bankroll at Everest Poker and enjoy playing there.

You are tracked at Everest poker via PokerStrategy.com and also received the $50 cash bonus, so don't forget that if you make a deposit on top of that you'll get free entry to a weekly $1,000 tournament.

Also, keep an eye on the freerolll tournaments exclusively to PokerStrategiests :)

Show us some graphs once you ready
      Ingrid
    • deafeater
      deafeater
      Bronze
      I've been a bit cheeky and took a shot waaaay out of my bankroll management but as I seem to usually end up in the money with the double up SnG's, I figured that a shot at the $15 entry wouldn't hurt.
      Payed off, I came second.. ;)

Now I've started to play properly, I've joined a 0.03 / 0.05 table. Entered with $5. I'm already up at $25.30 as I type. :)

I'm using Elephant which (btw) is a great program.. :D Which brings me onto a question - are you allowed to use elephant whilst playing or is it something to use after a session to be on the safe side??

but yeah, I'll post some graphs once they look a little better.. ;) I went on tilt last night (too late to play after a day at the girlfriends) and ended up losing a fair amount.. Went from around $125 to $91. :/ Although, like I said, I'm bringing it back up.. :)

Oh and yeah, I've already deposited. :) The $500 bonus was too good to miss and it's proving very nice.. :D

Thanks for the reply though! :D and yeah, he's a massive inspiration. It's people like him that makes the average poker player want to play properly.. :)

update; Just left that table and my BR is back up to $121. :P
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hey deafeater,

omg you are inspiring me as well. why dont I try to turn $50 into 1000? :D
      to answer your question, definitely it's ok to use elephant on the tables.

smiles,
      wendy
    • deafeater
      deafeater
      Bronze
      I'm an inspiration? :D Thanks! But how?? :P
      Yeah, I was just thinking... perhaps it could be turned into some sort of PS challenge?? I also thought that doing something like that would be a massive learning step for beginners.. :)

Ooh ok, that's good to know. I wasn't sure if I could use it whilst playing.. Thanks for the information.

Also, I know PS has freerolls at many sites, but when I started playing at Full Tilt, I could never find any specifically for PS players.. How would I find them at Everest? :f_confused:

Edit: these 6 table double up SnG's over at everest are crazy easy!!!
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      just got inspired by thinking, if he's going for it, why cant I?
      and also, if starting from $50 and taking it to $1000 is possible, then starting from $100 should be easier and starting from $500 should be totally doable then! etc etc :)

glad to see you're doing well. keep the faith esp through the inevitable down times :) il ask if there are everest promotions running.
    • deafeater
      deafeater
      Bronze
      Ahh.. :) That's a good point, and why not? Surely it's not impossible.. :)
      I think if you start at $500 you should aim for a $10,000 finish though. Just to make it fair... ;) haha

Thank you.. :) Just came first in the double up. Won $16.. Although I've only just realised that you only really make $8 don't you.. haha I might attempt a triple up as I seem to always come in the top two at the double ups.

Sweet, that would be great.. :D Also, if they have a good affiliate program (like I know Full Tilt had with your referal making points = money for PS) then you should definately offer Everest as one of the starting packages.. Gaining points is ridiculously easy.. I remember it taking a couple of days to clear about $18 from my Full Tilt bonus. I've probably done that in a couple of hours at Everest, would have been more had I deposited before I entered a big cash game and doubled up my $50 buy in.. haha
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      10k sick! nowhere near good enough for that yet :) probably unless i take some coachings from ihufa. (one of our super sick members who has killed that challenge again and again and again).

i feel kinda blind for not noticing, but if you look a few posts above (at the lovely Ingrid's post. seriously she is beautiful), she has posted a link containing the sched of all the freerolls at everest for PokerStrategy.com members. :)

btw, everest is now included in our starting capital offers :)
    • deafeater
      deafeater
      Bronze
      Hey, it's not like there's a time limit. ;) You could do it with enough time I'm sure. :) However, I'll definatelly take a look for some of their posts..

Oh dear, I completely missed that too.. I thought it was just highlighted for emphasis.. haha I'll take a look in a moment.. :) Thanks for that! :D

Ooh that's good.. After playing here for the last day or so, it's definately a great place to play. :D

Just entered a $15 double up. Came first.. :P

Just entered a $750 tournament which starts at about 2 for $10.. There's only 2 players at the moment although I'm sure more will join at a later date.. but wow, this could be incredibly easy money if my luck holds.. :D
    • ZeroDegrees
      ZeroDegrees
      Bronze
      GL wishes from me DE! You're a fresh wind!
    • deafeater
      deafeater
      Bronze
      Thanks Zero, I've seen some of your posts around as well.. :)

I've just won another $15 double up so that's the tournament payed for. . I decided to unregister the one I was in and register for one starting in about 5 minutes.. Same entry ($10 entry, $750 garunteed). :)

I must say I'm not paticularly the best at MTT however I did come in the money the few times i played the daily dollar over at full tilt, but with that said, there was a much higher range of in the money winners.. :P

Update:
      I know the tournaments in it's very beginning stages, but I've kept in the top 10 constantly... Doubled the starting stack. :D
      I'll keep updates in here although I doubt anyone's interested with such little at stake..:P

Bleurgh, no luck.. haha I go on tilt far to easily on those tournaments..
      Playing a $20 double up.. and I'm currently winning by 15 chips.. haha
      I can always seem to get up from a low.. i was down about 1,000 chips and now I'm up ahead.. Strange that.

Oh dear god. I had a nice straight but didn't realise there was a flush on board.. I need to start using 4 colours.. >_>