Yoo, I'm new to the site!

• deafeater
      deafeater
      Bronze
      Hello everyone! I'm new here, but it's such a great site that I had to check out the forums.. ;)

There are many great tips about, so thank you for everything already!!
      I'm from the UK, I'm 19 and I used to play poker on facebook (i know i know. :/ )
      until I found this site and it's offering of $50 starting capital. I figured that I might as well give it a shot!

Anyways, after pretty much losing my bankroll at Fulltilt, and with it closing down, I was given the opportunity to play over at everest poker.

I decided that I'm going to challenge myself to try and turn that $50 into $1000..

Probably impossible for me, as I'm awful at BRM, however, I'm forcing myself to follow strict guidelines and I'm slowly pushing forward..

Anyways, that's enough about me.. :P

Ask anything you like, if you're interested.. :)

Cheers,
      -DE
  • 10 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Yooo :D -DE,

Big welcome to our community!

I think I've seen you in Aivaras's blog :) He is an inspiration right?

You are right, BRM is very important and I think once you manage to stick to it you'll be thankful that you've done it.

I hope you'll be able to build a new bankroll at Everest Poker and enjoy playing there.

You are tracked at Everest poker via PokerStrategy.com and also received the $50 cash bonus, so don't forget that if you make a deposit on top of that you'll get free entry to a weekly $1,000 tournament.

Also, keep an eye on the freerolll tournaments exclusively to PokerStrategiests :)

Show us some graphs once you ready
      Ingrid
    • deafeater
      deafeater
      Bronze
      I've been a bit cheeky and took a shot waaaay out of my bankroll management but as I seem to usually end up in the money with the double up SnG's, I figured that a shot at the $15 entry wouldn't hurt.
      Payed off, I came second.. ;)

Now I've started to play properly, I've joined a 0.03 / 0.05 table. Entered with $5. I'm already up at $25.30 as I type. :)

I'm using Elephant which (btw) is a great program.. :D Which brings me onto a question - are you allowed to use elephant whilst playing or is it something to use after a session to be on the safe side??

but yeah, I'll post some graphs once they look a little better.. ;) I went on tilt last night (too late to play after a day at the girlfriends) and ended up losing a fair amount.. Went from around $125 to $91. :/ Although, like I said, I'm bringing it back up.. :)

Oh and yeah, I've already deposited. :) The $500 bonus was too good to miss and it's proving very nice.. :D

Thanks for the reply though! :D and yeah, he's a massive inspiration. It's people like him that makes the average poker player want to play properly.. :)

update; Just left that table and my BR is back up to $121. :P
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hey deafeater,

omg you are inspiring me as well. why dont I try to turn $50 into 1000? :D
      to answer your question, definitely it's ok to use elephant on the tables.

smiles,
      wendy
    • deafeater
      deafeater
      Bronze
      I'm an inspiration? :D Thanks! But how?? :P
      Yeah, I was just thinking... perhaps it could be turned into some sort of PS challenge?? I also thought that doing something like that would be a massive learning step for beginners.. :)

Ooh ok, that's good to know. I wasn't sure if I could use it whilst playing.. Thanks for the information.

Also, I know PS has freerolls at many sites, but when I started playing at Full Tilt, I could never find any specifically for PS players.. How would I find them at Everest? :f_confused:

Edit: these 6 table double up SnG's over at everest are crazy easy!!!
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      just got inspired by thinking, if he's going for it, why cant I?
      and also, if starting from $50 and taking it to $1000 is possible, then starting from $100 should be easier and starting from $500 should be totally doable then! etc etc :)

glad to see you're doing well. keep the faith esp through the inevitable down times :) il ask if there are everest promotions running.
    • deafeater
      deafeater
      Bronze
      Ahh.. :) That's a good point, and why not? Surely it's not impossible.. :)
      I think if you start at $500 you should aim for a $10,000 finish though. Just to make it fair... ;) haha

Thank you.. :) Just came first in the double up. Won $16.. Although I've only just realised that you only really make $8 don't you.. haha I might attempt a triple up as I seem to always come in the top two at the double ups.

Sweet, that would be great.. :D Also, if they have a good affiliate program (like I know Full Tilt had with your referal making points = money for PS) then you should definately offer Everest as one of the starting packages.. Gaining points is ridiculously easy.. I remember it taking a couple of days to clear about $18 from my Full Tilt bonus. I've probably done that in a couple of hours at Everest, would have been more had I deposited before I entered a big cash game and doubled up my $50 buy in.. haha
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      10k sick! nowhere near good enough for that yet :) probably unless i take some coachings from ihufa. (one of our super sick members who has killed that challenge again and again and again).

i feel kinda blind for not noticing, but if you look a few posts above (at the lovely Ingrid's post. seriously she is beautiful), she has posted a link containing the sched of all the freerolls at everest for PokerStrategy.com members. :)

btw, everest is now included in our starting capital offers :)
    • deafeater
      deafeater
      Bronze
      Hey, it's not like there's a time limit. ;) You could do it with enough time I'm sure. :) However, I'll definatelly take a look for some of their posts..

Oh dear, I completely missed that too.. I thought it was just highlighted for emphasis.. haha I'll take a look in a moment.. :) Thanks for that! :D

Ooh that's good.. After playing here for the last day or so, it's definately a great place to play. :D

Just entered a $15 double up. Came first.. :P

Just entered a $750 tournament which starts at about 2 for $10.. There's only 2 players at the moment although I'm sure more will join at a later date.. but wow, this could be incredibly easy money if my luck holds.. :D
    • ZeroDegrees
      ZeroDegrees
      Bronze
      GL wishes from me DE! You're a fresh wind!
    • deafeater
      deafeater
      Bronze
      Thanks Zero, I've seen some of your posts around as well.. :)

I've just won another $15 double up so that's the tournament payed for. . I decided to unregister the one I was in and register for one starting in about 5 minutes.. Same entry ($10 entry, $750 garunteed). :)

I must say I'm not paticularly the best at MTT however I did come in the money the few times i played the daily dollar over at full tilt, but with that said, there was a much higher range of in the money winners.. :P

Update:
      I know the tournaments in it's very beginning stages, but I've kept in the top 10 constantly... Doubled the starting stack. :D
      I'll keep updates in here although I doubt anyone's interested with such little at stake..:P

Bleurgh, no luck.. haha I go on tilt far to easily on those tournaments..
      Playing a $20 double up.. and I'm currently winning by 15 chips.. haha
      I can always seem to get up from a low.. i was down about 1,000 chips and now I'm up ahead.. Strange that.

Oh dear god. I had a nice straight but didn't realise there was a flush on board.. I need to start using 4 colours.. >_>