This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 2nl, fr, AKo

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Known players:      
      Hero:
      $2.67
      UTG2:
      $0.46
      MP2:
      $2.22

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:club: , K:heart:
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0.02, MP1 folds, MP2 raises to $0.08, 4 folds, Hero raises to $0.24, UTG2 folds, MP2 calls $0.16.

Flop: ($0.51) Q:spade: , T:diamond: , 2:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $0.24, Hero folds, MP2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.51

because he only called my reraise preflop, and the fact that i was already holding the 2 overcards, i thought it was unlikely he had an overpair to that board and i didn't put him on a flush draw. i decided to check because i thought his range would be AA & KK (calling just to trap), QQ, JJ, TT, 99, AK(unlikely), AQ, AJ, AT, KQ, KJ and pretty much any mid to high pocket pair which means i'm beaten by a lot. this is why i just check folded and let him take the pot instead of getting married to the hand and calling. i decided if i called and hit an ace, it's likely that he would have hit as well and given his range he may well have hit 2 pair and easily a straight, maybe even a flush and i would have lost a big portion of my stack with TPTK. if i raised him then it's possible he would become passive and i would lose a lot by being the aggressor trying to take the pot down if he had me dominated so i decided a fold would be best. does my logic make sense and was this a good decision?
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DrDunne,

It ain't a huge mistake to play it this way, although with the GS shouldn't be wrong to CBet it either. And how do you expect him to have such a range, did you have stats or anything? Of course the range is considerable but if he is more looser then he definitely will have a lot worse hands even in his range.

Best regards.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      well generally i use the elephant's HUD to give me an idea of VP$IP and aggression factor but i've noticed that the readings change dramatically. also i don't remember actually referring to it so much as to use it to inform my decision which was probably a mistake, i literally just assumed that was the sort of range he would have. i guess i need to put the elephant to better use in future. maybe get away from using the beginner setting on the HUD too lol :f_o: