Playing without stats?

Bronze
      Is playing without stats even possible? I have been playing with elephant software for some months now and, to be honest, I can't imagine myself playing without them at all right not - at least not with multiple tables open. It's like playing in the dark against players you basically don't know.

The reason I ask this is that I occasionally play tournaments as well and as far as I know the software that works on tournaments is very limited and also not at all that useful. Therefore, I want to ask what difference does playing without stats make regarding the strategy used? How do you play without stats?
  • 4 replies
    • bmfbpi
      bmfbpi
      Bronze
      well you could play without stats, you just have to know ranges well. Of course playing more than 4 table without stats would be quite hard I imagine
    • sapheal
      sapheal
      Global
      hi Avatars91 :) :s_thumbsup: ,

Playing without the stats at four tables helps you pay attention to specific hands and gather reads. Playing without the stats is very helpful when you sometimes play live games.

You can play HU without stats very often- you see every action and pay attention to every detail. However, if you play 4 tables HU then it's easy not to spot a specific weakness - and this is where statistics comes in handy!

Generally, stats are very important, esp. when multitabling. You have tons of data you could potentially use against your opponents. Without those stats you wouldn't be able to detect and exploit your opponents' weaknesses.

Cheers,
      Michal
    • livelydolphin
      livelydolphin
      Bronze
      Ya it's possible. I have been multi-tabling w/o stats for 2 years. Although I believe I'll definitely win more with the help of stats. W/o stats, you need to make your judgment from what you observed at the tables. Taking notes of opponents will help. Through experience you will develop your own reads =)
      Bronze
      What does your preflop range look like against unknowns?