[NL2-NL10] NL-2- AJs, awful board

• Dback357
      Dback357
      Bronze
      Hello,

I know, I know, the river call is plain stupid....actually, I was b/f-ing and after the raise I knew I'm beat but for some reason, in this hand I returned to my formerly eliminated (for the most part) leak.......making emotional calls on the river when I knew I was beat.

My question is- should I simply c/f turn and river or I can try bet/fold once? I'm leaning towards c/f....not many worst hands will call, maybe KJ or KQ, but those might raise the flop.

Thanks and best wishes!

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $0.69
      BU:
      $2.02
      SB:
      $1.44
      BB:
      $4.12
      UTG2:
      $0.75
      MP1:
      $3.56
      MP2:
      $2.86
      MP3 (Hero):
      $2.00

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A, J.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, CO folds, BU calls $0.08, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.19) Q, J, K (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.14, BU calls $0.14.

Turn: ($0.47) A (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

River: ($0.47) 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.26, BU raises to $1.23, Hero calls $0.97.

Final Pot: $2.93.

Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, aces and jacks(Ah Jh).
      BU shows three of a kind, sixes(6h 6s).

BU wins with three of a kind, sixes(6h 6s).
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Dback357,

Rather Bet/Fold the turn than play as you did. And why do you even level yourself to Call on river? You don't beat much there anyways.

Best regards.
    • Dback357
      Dback357
      Bronze
      Thanks Veriz,

as I wrote, I was actually b/f-ing the river. I had a quite frustrating session and I made a mistake that was standard for me in the past.....I haven't made this mistake for a long time and I'm mad I returned to my old leak in this hand....I will pay extra attention to not do it again.

My leak was that sometimes when I didn't have any luck, I wanted to win a hand so badly that my emotions did...hmm....how to say it... simply overrided my brain. I knew I was beaten and wanted to fold, then my hand started to live a separate life, wandered to the call button and pressed it... X(

So you think it's value in b/f-ing the turn instead of c/f? Do we want to get money from worst hands or we simply want a free showdown on the river?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      So you think it's value in b/f-ing the turn instead of c/f? Do we want to get money from worst hands or we simply want a free showdown on the river?

Of course. There are still worse 2pairs/1pair+draw which may easily pay you.