This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

K4o at BU vs triple barrel

• Alverine
      Alverine
      Silver
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      ($272)
      Hero ($63.05)

Dealt to Hero 4:club: K:diamond:

Hero raises to $1.50, calls $1

FLOP ($3) Q:spade: Q:heart: 6:heart:

checks, Hero bets $2, raises to $6, Hero calls $4

TURN ($15) Q:spade: Q:heart: 6:heart: J:spade:

bets $10, Hero calls $10

RIVER ($35) Q:spade: Q:heart: 6:heart: J:spade: 3:spade:

bets $255 (AI), Hero folds

wins $34.50

We had such a crazy dynamics, I think hes a regfish, and he thinks im a donkey, with some spewy calls. 3bet % is quite high for both of us, my cbet is huge and he has been fairly agressive postflop. I think its a bit spewy to cbet cause he isnt folding most of his hands in a paired board, but i fired anyway with the plan to continue apply pressure if high cards come. His raise doesnt mean much imo, could be a Q8+ but thats it, he doesnt have many pairs and the rest of his range is air with overcards. The turn card is good him to keep barreling so I think all his airs will continue to fire, and some KJ will bet for value too (AJ prob 3bet, TJ prob go c/c).

I think I could raise but when i thought about it is that i could make a very good decision river: if he bets again im pretty sure he has a big hand and i can save some money by folding, and if he checks im pretty sure he's on air cause he give up a fair amount of time at river + i dont think hes sophisticated enough to c/r trips. And I could potentially exploit him if bets like 1/3 pot and make him fold his KJ cause I look like trips.

So I basically have 3 questions:
      1-)"I think its a bit spewy to cbet cause he isnt folding most of his hands in a paired board, but i fired anyway with the plan to continue apply pressure if high cards come" Does this sounds like a good plan?
      2-) The plan to b/c flop with the plan of fold if he bets blanks, bet if he checks, and call flop bet river sound like a good plan?
      3-)In your opinion, do you think im off vilain's range at some point?

Appreciate your comments :)
  • 1 reply