Hero raises to $1.50, calls $1

FLOP ($3) Q:spade: Q:heart: 6:heart:

checks, Hero bets $2, raises to $6, Hero calls $4

TURN ($15) Q:spade: Q:heart: 6:heart: J:spade:

bets $10, Hero calls $10

RIVER ($35) Q:spade: Q:heart: 6:heart: J:spade: 3:spade:

bets $255 (AI), Hero folds

wins $34.50

We had such a crazy dynamics, I think hes a regfish, and he thinks im a donkey, with some spewy calls. 3bet % is quite high for both of us, my cbet is huge and he has been fairly agressive postflop. I think its a bit spewy to cbet cause he isnt folding most of his hands in a paired board, but i fired anyway with the plan to continue apply pressure if high cards come. His raise doesnt mean much imo, could be a Q8+ but thats it, he doesnt have many pairs and the rest of his range is air with overcards. The turn card is good him to keep barreling so I think all his airs will continue to fire, and some KJ will bet for value too (AJ prob 3bet, TJ prob go c/c).

I think I could raise but when i thought about it is that i could make a very good decision river: if he bets again im pretty sure he has a big hand and i can save some money by folding, and if he checks im pretty sure he's on air cause he give up a fair amount of time at river + i dont think hes sophisticated enough to c/r trips. And I could potentially exploit him if bets like 1/3 pot and make him fold his KJ cause I look like trips.

So I basically have 3 questions:
      1-)"I think its a bit spewy to cbet cause he isnt folding most of his hands in a paired board, but i fired anyway with the plan to continue apply pressure if high cards come" Does this sounds like a good plan?
      2-) The plan to b/c flop with the plan of fold if he bets blanks, bet if he checks, and call flop bet river sound like a good plan?
      3-)In your opinion, do you think im off vilain's range at some point?

Appreciate your comments :)
  • 1 reply