[NL2-NL10] 2nl, fr, AK

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      hi. this is an example of how i seem to be losing money with AK. i seem to be finding it very hard to play and so i have a couple of questions. but first here's the hand.

Known players:     
      Hero:
      $2
      MP1:
      $3.6
      MP3:
      $1.7
      CO:
      $0.97

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with A:diamond: , K:spade:
      Hero raises to $0.08, UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0.08, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.08, CO calls $0.08, 3 folds.

Flop: ($0.35) A:spade: , Q:club: , 3:club: (4 players)
      Hero bets $0.25, MP1 folds, MP3 raises to $1.62 (All-In), CO folds, Hero calls $1.37.

Turn: ($3.59) 9:heart:
      River: ($3.59) 8:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $3.59

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (Ad Ks)
      MP3 shows three-of-a-kind, threes (3s 3d)

MP3 wins with three-of-a-kind, threes (3s 3d)

i expected AQ or a set of some kind but i still had the TPTK and i guess i should have folded. anyway my problem is i keep losing money with AK. say someone raises to $0.08 pf and im sat in the button with AK. i make the standard 3x raise to $0.24 and get called and i completely miss the flop... i might lose this hand when i c-bet and get raised and am forced to fold. also if he bets, i raise and he 3-bet shoves preflop i find myself wondering if i should call or not... would it be possible to have a little advice on how i should play this hand preflop and postflop please?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DrDunne,

As you may even realize that you are in multiway pot. Therefore his raise or shove is as well very strong rather just with some weak Ax. I'd definitely fold unless I know the opponent better.

Best regards.