[NL20-NL50] NL25SH BSS TJs

    • kidzoltan
      kidzoltan
      Platinum
      Joined: 05.08.2010 Posts: 810
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

      Play hand

      $0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

      Known players:
      SB:
      $25.10
      BB:
      $25.35
      MP2:
      $44.21
      MP3 (Hero):
      $28.42
      CO:
      $25.00
      BU:
      $25.00


      Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T, J.
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0.75, 2 folds, SB calls $0.65, BB folds.

      Flop: ($1.75) T, 7, 8 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.00, SB raises to $2.50, Hero calls $1.50.

      Turn: ($6.75) 4 (2 players)
      SB bets $4.60, Hero calls $4.60.

      River: ($15.95) K (2 players)
      SB bets $7.58, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

      Final Pot: $15.95.

      91 hands on opponent 19VPIP/15PFR/44AFq
  • 8 replies
    • Beseventh
      Beseventh
      Bronze
      Joined: 06.01.2010 Posts: 2,481
      Originally posted by kidzoltan
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

      Play hand

      $0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

      Known players:
      SB:
      $25.10
      BB:
      $25.35
      MP2:
      $44.21
      MP3 (Hero):
      $28.42
      CO:
      $25.00
      BU:
      $25.00


      Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T, J.
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0.75, 2 folds, SB calls $0.65, BB folds.

      Flop: ($1.75) T, 7, 8 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.00, SB raises to $2.50, Hero calls $1.50.

      Turn: ($6.75) 4 (2 players)
      SB bets $4.60, Hero calls $4.60.

      River: ($15.95) K (2 players)
      SB bets $7.58, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

      Final Pot: $15.95.

      91 hands on opponent 19VPIP/15PFR/44AFq
      Personally with good read i would raise this King on River. I dont know if it's good play but he seems scared of this card.

      But

      Taking his action on flop he have nuts or better hand on flop than u.

      Really interesting flop.

      He reping on Flop many monster draws + sets + TPwith better kicker.

      So really no idea. I'll wait what judge gonna say :f_p:
    • i5bet72o
      i5bet72o
      Bronze
      Joined: 17.06.2010 Posts: 1,615
      firstly i would consider folding the flop, his range is usually a better made hand or draws which have good equity vs u, i dont see him raising this flop as a pure bluff too often (ofc a raise flop stat would be useful)
      @raising river: the only problem would be he would getting sick odds to call (2.25:1), so i would not raise river here but i might do it if u were deeper (effective stacks wise)
    • StaticMoth
      StaticMoth
      Silver
      Joined: 22.05.2009 Posts: 2,642
      Originally posted by i5bet72o
      firstly i would consider folding the flop, his range is usually a better made hand or draws which have good equity vs u, i dont see him raising this flop as a pure bluff too often (ofc a raise flop stat would be useful)
      @raising river: the only problem would be he would getting sick odds to call (2.25:1), so i would not raise river here but i might do it if u were deeper (effective stacks wise)
      Surely this must be the nitty FR side of you talking here :tongue:

      Ofc he can have better made hands and also monsterdraws, but
      imo directly dumping TP is too nitty.

      Esp vs this small c/r, we get rly sexy pot odds and folding is almost a crime in this case imo.

      Since he's on the more tightish side, I don't expect him to have the nuts here, we also block top set ... Also not expecting a tightish NL25 player to c/r smth like QJ for gutter+overs (only QJ :heart: which is 1 combo).

      So we don't have to worry about reverse implieds when we hit out gutter.

      And bluffing that river @NL25 = don't do it, leave it for the higher stakes ...
      NL25 you just gotta take value value value.

      So imo, nh, well played ...

      Only thing I'd change is ... bet bigger on the flop !
    • ttjjboy
      ttjjboy
      Bronze
      Joined: 31.05.2009 Posts: 4,204
      I'd cbet bigger on flop as so wet this board is,I'm not going to fold flop if I got raise here

      I think it's nh
    • i5bet72o
      i5bet72o
      Bronze
      Joined: 17.06.2010 Posts: 1,615
      Originally posted by StaticMoth
      Originally posted by i5bet72o
      firstly i would consider folding the flop, his range is usually a better made hand or draws which have good equity vs u, i dont see him raising this flop as a pure bluff too often (ofc a raise flop stat would be useful)
      @raising river: the only problem would be he would getting sick odds to call (2.25:1), so i would not raise river here but i might do it if u were deeper (effective stacks wise)
      Surely this must be the nitty FR side of you talking here :tongue:

      Ofc he can have better made hands and also monsterdraws, but
      imo directly dumping TP is too nitty.

      Esp vs this small c/r, we get rly sexy pot odds and folding is almost a crime in this case imo.

      Since he's on the more tightish side, I don't expect him to have the nuts here, we also block top set ... Also not expecting a tightish NL25 player to c/r smth like QJ for gutter+overs (only QJ :heart: which is 1 combo).

      So we don't have to worry about reverse implieds when we hit out gutter.

      And bluffing that river @NL25 = don't do it, leave it for the higher stakes ...
      NL25 you just gotta take value value value.

      So imo, nh, well played ...

      Only thing I'd change is ... bet bigger on the flop !
      i am learning SH and i am not 100% of ranges quite yet. He called our raise oop pre so i think 19/15 has a pretty tight range pre. Why do u say "since he's on the tightish side, I dont expect him to have the nuts here": do u mean its unlikely he flopped a str8? There is still a decent likelyhood of a set or 2pair. Folding might be a mistake but i dont think its huge here b/c there is soo much value had in other hands so making a nitty fold in a perhaps marginal +EV spot is ok. I would really like a raise flop stat tho.
    • StaticMoth
      StaticMoth
      Silver
      Joined: 22.05.2009 Posts: 2,642
      Originally posted by i5bet72o

      Do u mean its unlikely he flopped a str8? There is still a decent likelyhood of a set or 2pair.
      Yes, he doesn't have a straight and we block top set ...

      So it's 6 combos of 77 and 88, one combo of TT and a bunch of draws = mostly draws and we have outs vs 2 pair+.

      Sure, most of his draws are FD+2 overs which is slightl ahead/flipping vs our equity on the flop, but as said before as well.

      He makes it sooo small, we're getting 3,5:1, so purely from a math standpoint we need like ~23% equity to make a BE call, we have a lot more EQ than that vs his whole range.

      But ofc it would be helpful to have more info on his postflop stats/style and you're also right that since it's a close/thin spot, you don't have to call.

      You can fold, nobody will know what you had and you can wait for better clearer spots, but getting into tough spots is what helps you learn & get better.

      So cliffnotes = top pair + superdrawy board + rly good odds + 6max + in position = I Don't Fold

      But that's just me :f_biggrin:
    • kidzoltan
      kidzoltan
      Platinum
      Joined: 05.08.2010 Posts: 810
      Now I have 120 hands on him and his raise stats are 25%(1/4), so only this time.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Joined: 02.02.2007 Posts: 27,343
      you can´t b/f tp+gutshot on the flop on that drawy board where he can easily c/r flop with worse hands
      I think turn call should also be standard consider how many draws are on the turn. Likely I´d also fold river. You really need to have some reads to make calldown and he would likely valuebet two pair+ for value