[NL2-NL10] Blind Battles again

• Edukator99
      Edukator99
      Bronze
      Obviously I'm trying to figure out what to do with this player who plays blinds so aggressively as, in theory I should be at an advantage...but he beat me up over the last 2 sessions.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($12.95)
      BB ($6.41)
      UTG ($12.99)
      UTG+1 ($10.76)
      UTG+2 ($9.10)
      MP1 ($10.12)
      MP2 ($5.27)
      Hero ($13.92)
      BTN ($4.60)

Dealt to Hero 5:diamond: A:diamond:

BB calls $0.10, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.50, fold, SB raises to $1.65, fold, Hero raises to $3.60, SB calls $1.95

FLOP ($7.35) 5:spade: T:spade: 4:spade:

SB checks, Hero bets $5.51, SB folds

Hero shows 5:diamond: A:diamond:

Hero wins $6.99

Same guy...another blind battle. I raised back pretty much expecting him to fold as I thought he was bluffing. I cbet the monchrome board as I though, unless he's got a flush he's folding...and he did.

As I said before he's calling and 3 betting tons from the blinds so...this is why I played it this way. I don't really know how to play a guy who is so agro from the blinds. Part of the reason may be I open a wide range from the CO and Button but...how far to scale back my opening range is the question now.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Edukator99,

Preflop: If you have such a aggressive 3bettor on the blinds then why don't you just limp and play IP against him? Very likely the BB will Call and you will be able to play in multiway pot with A5s.

As played
      Postflop: You don't have to do the bet that huge. ~$4 should be enough. If he doesn't have a hand he will fold anyways. I am even doing sometimes even smaller bet here since he will fold the hands which he doesn't want to continue and if he does he will ship it and we just give him more money with it. With smaller bet our CBet doesn't have to work that often either.

Best regards.