($9.25)
      UTG ($4.63)
      UTG+1 ($7.87)
      UTG+2 ($9.80)
      MP1 ($12.80)
      Hero ($9.89)
      MP3 ($4.75)
      Dealt to ($9.90)
      CO ($26.30) 144 hands vp 32 pfr 6% call open 27% fold vcb 30% (didn't notice this at the time)

posts (SB) $0.05
      BB posts $0.10

Dealt to Hero Q:diamond: Q:spade:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.50, fold, Dealt to calls $0.50, fold, fold, fold, fold

FLOP ($1.25) 9:diamond: K:diamond: 6:spade:

Hero bets $0.93, Dealt to calls $0.93

TURN ($3.11) 9:diamond: K:diamond: 6:spade: T:heart:

Hero bets $1.55, Dealt to calls $1.55

RIVER ($6.21) 9:diamond: K:diamond: 6:spade: T:heart: A:heart:

Hero checks, Dealt to bets $6.21, Hero folds

Dealt to wins $5.90

I double barreled as I thought he might have floated me or called a draw. Should I have just checked? In fact, is the better play just to check the flop. If it is do I call and then chk/fold the turn?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Edukator99,

Would you really protect this way your TP or even set or whatsoever hand on turn? I mean 1/2 pot? I don't think so, so if you even want to 2nd barrel it then I would definitely bet it at least $2+.

But the question now is what kind of hand will float us on flop? Definitely some draws which mostly are FDs and of course Kx type of hands. While we have the QQ then it's less likely that he is drawing for the GS. And the next question is if he had a set would he raise on turn? Yes, very likely. So what kind of hand does he represent on river? Only something like 78. Don't think he would bet this way with some strong 2pairs even.

So for conclusion rather bet it bigger on turn rather than let look your bet size being very weak and of course even your play. Wouldn't be surprised if he bet this way on river even with missed FD.

Best regards.
    • Edukator99
      Edukator99
      Bronze
      Fair enough. I was going to give up as I had him on K at this point but didn't so I guess I should bet more if I'm not going to give up.

Would it be better to check the flop. If he bets call then bet the turn at 2/3 pot? If he checks do the same thing? Then fold if he raises in either situation and check/fold the river?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Edukator99
      Fair enough. I was going to give up as I had him on K at this point but didn't so I guess I should bet more if I'm not going to give up.

Would it be better to check the flop. If he bets call then bet the turn at 2/3 pot? If he checks do the same thing? Then fold if he raises in either situation and check/fold the river?
      Check/Call doesn't bring us anywhere on flop. He may just continue with bluffs this way and we will never know where we stand with our hand on turn if he 2nd barrels.

And yes, Check/Fold very likely on river.