Hetti the Siberian Yetti

• h3tt1
      h3tt1
      Basic
      Oh memememe, I want a blog too!

A friend of mine referred me here a while back but I lost interest when they began hassling me for ID. I just prefer not to give it. But...I still want to play, so I've deposited $20 at pokerstars and we will see how far I get.

Unfortunately I didn't sign up through Pokerstrategy seeing as I already had an account at Pokerstars for play money and freerolls, but...oh well, that's where I want to play.

I don't have a lot of experience but I did read a few books recently which I found fascinating. I also saw that documentary about Nanonoko, which made me want to play; maybe I can get used to playing a whole bunch of tables too.

So, the game for now is 6max 2nl at jokerstars as many tables as I can cope with. Wish me luck!

• 13 replies
    • jaszvitez45
      jaszvitez45
      Bronze
      Good luck baby, GOOO!
    • NewbieGrinder
      NewbieGrinder
      Bronze
      Good luck... we are looking forward your good results!
    • h3tt1
      h3tt1
      Basic
      Wow, feels like I've been playing for hours. Had quite a lot of fun. Thankfully someone is sharing their HEM license with me so I can post a graph.

Or wait....maybe not. Seems that I am not allowed to post images. Kinda lame. I wonder why? Is it because I'm basic? So basic I can't even interpret graphs? I see what you did there poker-strategy. Well hopefully someone will allow me to post images so I can show you guys a graph, but we'll worry about that later.

Anyway, I played 3k hands and up just over $10. It seems as if I can just about cope playing 9 tables. It's sometimes a little hectic so I'll stick with this amount for now then maybe increase to 12 in a few weeks if my bankroll is still alive.

Anyway, a few highlights.....

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $5.00
      SB (Hero):
      $2.61
      BB:
      $2.52
      MP2:
      $1.77
      MP3:
      $4.08
      CO:
      $2.05

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, A.
      3 folds, BU raises to $0.06, Hero raises to $0.20, BB folds, BU calls $0.14.

Flop: ($0.42) 6, 5, 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.28, BU raises to $0.60, Hero calls $0.32.

Turn: ($1.62) 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1.00, Hero raises to $1.81, BU calls $0.81.

River: ($5.24) K (2 players)

Final Pot: $5.24.
      Results follow:

BU shows three of a kind, fives(5 8).
      Hero shows two pairs, aces and fives(A A).

BU wins with three of a kind, fives(5 8).

Not really much to say about this. I guess some people are just capable of playing 58o profitably in a 3bet pot. Mere mortals such as I can only dream of possessing such a remarkable talent.

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      MP3:
      $2.27
      CO:
      $2.08
      BU (Hero):
      $2.03
      SB:
      $6.54
      BB:
      $2.36

Preflop: Hero is BU with 7, 6.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.05, SB calls $0.04, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.12) 6, 7, 9 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.10, SB raises to $0.34, Hero raises to $1.98, SB calls $1.64.

Turn: ($4.08) K (2 players)

River: ($4.08) T (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.08.
      Results follow:

SB shows a flush, king high(J K).
      Hero shows two pairs, sevens and sixes(7 6).

SB wins with a flush, king high(J K).

I don't think I have a huge equity edge here vs his value range, but enough so I can profitably jam given the stakes . Perhaps 60% equity vs his value and semi-bluff range not to mention some fold equity. I choose to jam instead of a standard raise due to the vulnerability of my hand(so many bad turn card if he flats).

Play hand

Known players:
      SB:
      $3.70
      BB:
      $2.41
      MP2:
      $2.00
      MP3:
      $2.34
      CO:
      $2.40
      BU (Hero):
      $1.91

Preflop: Hero is BU with 5, K.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.05, SB calls $0.04, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.12) 7, 5, A (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0.12) 5 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.09, Hero raises to $0.20, SB calls $0.11.

River: ($0.52) 4 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.40, SB calls $0.40.

Final Pot: $1.32.
      Results follow:

SB shows a full-house, sevens full of fives(7 7).
      Hero shows three of a kind, fives(5 K).

SB wins with a full-house, sevens full of fives(7 7).

[COLOR=indigo][I]I think this is normally a pretty easy cbet, but I do occasionally make mistakes with 9 tables. After I turn trips I figure I have the best hand more often than not and decide to fire two. He flats twice........and flips over pocket sevens. He then types in chat "whew....I thought you had top set"[/I]..........................

[/COLOR]
    • Reaching4Zen
      Reaching4Zen
      Bronze
      So let me get this straight...you'd rather deposit $20 on PS (whereby you had to show your ID anyway, right?) of your own money, than do the exact same thing on this site and get $50 free? ?(
      So now you're playing underrolled for w/e stakes you're playing, when you could be playing with at least 35 BI. As opposed to 10.

[ ] Logical
    • h3tt1
      h3tt1
      Basic
      Originally posted by Reaching4Zen
      So let me get this straight...you'd rather deposit $20 on PS (whereby you had to show your ID anyway, right?)l
      I've never had to show my ID to pokerstars. I also have it on reasonable authority that they won't necessarily ask for it in order to make a withdrawal. Besides, they have my card + other details so they probably have some idea of who I am.

[ ] Logical
      Haha. If you came here expecting to find logic you may have been misinformed somewhere along the line. But it is comforting to know that a bankroll on Full Tilt Poker is just an id-check away. Actually......perhaps not THAT comforting. :D

Anyway, thanks for reading!
    • Reaching4Zen
      Reaching4Zen
      Bronze
      [x] OP is underage

GL anyway
    • antstruk
      antstruk
      Bronze
      [x] OP is underage

GL anyway
    • h3tt1
      h3tt1
      Basic
      I was zoning out in my session last night, aswell as getting distracted by skype convos. Evidently I need to work on my stamina/concentration, but 4k hands in a day is possibly still a reasonable amount.

One highlight -

Play hand

Known players:
      SB:
      $1.74
      BB:
      $2.06
      MP2:
      $2.86
      MP3 (Hero):
      $1.95
      CO:
      $2.00
      BU:
      $1.05

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A, J.
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, 3 folds, BB calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.17) J, T, 3 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.14, BB calls $0.14.

Turn: ($0.45) 2 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.32, BB calls $0.32.

River: ($1.09) A (2 players)
      BB bets $0.64, Hero calls $0.64.

Final Pot: $2.37.
      Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, aces and jacks(A J).
      BB shows a straight, ace high(K Q).

BB wins with a straight, ace high(K Q).

My instincts are screaming KQ, but I don't think I can fold the river. It's debatable whether he river-donks a hand like AT/TJ for value as opposed to check/call; also debatable whether he would donk a hand like Q9 as a bluff. I guess I just hope he does it enough for a call to be profitable. Given 2.7:1 pot odds I need to be correct 27% of the time. (Strange how that works out......2.7:1 needs 27% equity, just a coincidence I guess).
      If he is going to bluff the river I think it is way more likely to be a donk than a check-raise, presuming the latter is a little sophisticated for the stakes I am playing.

In other news I have managed to secure 60% rakeback on merge network through a friend, so I may deposit $20 or so there with my "stolen/underage" credit card. (Thanks Reaching4Zen and antsruk)

I also cleared $4 deposit bonus on pokerstars which I am now going to cash out and rub on my [nsfw].

Bankroll stands at ~$36.

Onwards.
    • h3tt1
      h3tt1
      Basic
      So today I politely asked support if I could have my account enabled to post images. The result was a resounding NO.

At first I was going to forget about this blog....it seemed players are evidently only welcome if they are generating rake for the site. But then I realised.... what kind of example would that set to other players? Giving up at the first sign of adversity......

...on second thoughts I'm going to continue this image-less blog until the day I get site-banned. Anyhow, I'm sure I will find a way to show my graphs after a few more hands.... So, onwards.....screw the haters.

Today I wanted to push myself to the limit in terms of multi-tabling. After a while 9 tables wasn't feeling so ridiculous, so I decided to connect up my other monitor. The resolution on both is by no means great; far from professional, but it just about allows me to tile 16 tables. I can't cope with stacked tables for some reason.

16 tabling was hectic.....I'm convinced my eyeballs needed to explode on more than one occasion and it's true I made several mistakes where entire stacks where involved. The object of the exercise was not to make money however, but to acquaint myself with a larger amount of tables, and hence I have succeeded somewhat in that endeavour. I finished up around 4bi in total after just under 5k hands.

The main multi-tabling problems occurred when I did hit hands. I had a tendency to zone in tables with monster hands(especially when deep), and forget temporarily about the other 15 tables. In all-in situations I was also incapable of drawing my eyes away from the table to see the results, which obviously does not maximise efficiency. Having said that, I'm not yet convinced I have the strength of will to avoid looking entirely....sounds silly....but I just HAVE to know if I get rivered or not.

Stars roll is around $40 now.
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      I will post your graphs for you if you want ;)
    • h3tt1
      h3tt1
      Basic
      Originally posted by w34z3l
      I will post your graphs for you if you want ;)

I know w34z3l irl, he has been giving me some coaching.
    • h3tt1
      h3tt1
      Basic
      Greetings,

After grinding an extra $10 at 2nl stars my roll stood at ~$50. I've decided in terms of building a roll, it makes little financial sense to play at stars until I am raking enough to hit a decent vip level. I have transferred my $50 to a site where I am receiving a bonus.

I am going to play 5nl, given that I have 10bi now. Perhaps it is aggressive BRM, but I'm not exactly risking financial ruin playing 5nl. I tried the software out earlier and am up 1 buyin so far, although I have cut down to 8 tables for the time being. 8 seems a breeze compared to 16, which is interesting considering how hectic it felt at first.

I have also decided to invest a further $40 at merge network seeing as how I mentioned I will receive 60% RB there due to an excellent referral. This will be my final investment however and no further money will be leaving my bank account, regardless of if I go busto or not.

My cumulative online roll then stands at $95 and I intend to perhaps take a 5bi shot at 10nl upon reaching $200.
    • h3tt1
      h3tt1
      Basic
      It's been a tough day at the 5nl tables with quite a few coolers and suckouts. I've managed to break even (well, up $1.45), but I'm $7 below EV so technically it has been a positive day.

I also cleared a $20 bonus for a grand total of $21.45. Unfortunately I can't post hands since HH format from site is not supported.

Bankroll is now $115