[NL2-NL10] Reraised on flop 2

• Edukator99
      Edukator99
      Bronze
      And on the third hand in a row... I get reraised on the flop for the 2nd time.
      Thought this guy might be taking a shot at me as I just folded to pressure twice but I've vowed not to call in these spots any more. :) He must have had me beat....

HEM doesn't have the stats for some reason...can players block it somehow?

I'll type it.

Hero is in SB with A spades Qclubs
      Villain is High Jack - bets .35
      All others folded.

Hero raised to 1.00
      Villain calls.

Flop: King spades, 9 clubs, 3 hearts

Hero bets 1.50 into pot of 2.10.
      Villain raises all i for 5.08
      Hero fold.

I was Cbetting what I thought was a dry flop. Should I just have check called? Then check folded the turn if I had nothing? I'm assuming he had at least AK. Possibly a set or 2 pair.

I was under the impression being aggressive was a good idea but these hands are making me think twice. :P
  • 8 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Edukator99,

If you are going to 3bet it preflop this as well means that you most likely planning to play it for value postflop. And therefore I'd go broke as well postflop, you have already invested almost your half stack, I don't really see how I can get away from this. :(

Best regards.
    • Edukator99
      Edukator99
      Bronze
      Really? Surely he's got me beat? He wouldn't do this with air would he? Aren't I just throwing away the rest of my money with not much chance of winning?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Edukator99
      Really? Surely he's got me beat? He wouldn't do this with air would he? Aren't I just throwing away the rest of my money with not much chance of winning?
      You only need 23% equity there and sometimes we might even expect him to ship with worse PPs. And of course AK/KQ type of hands as well if he is capable of calling light.
    • Edukator99
      Edukator99
      Bronze
      Ok, I'm baffled. Why do I only need 23% equity? Isn't that a small amount of equity? That means I'll lost 77% of the time.
    • Edukator99
      Edukator99
      Bronze
      does this help?

Villain 27 hands. 22 VIP PFR 18.5, Agression 2.0,

Tiny hand sample though.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Ok, I'm baffled. Why do I only need 23% equity? Isn't that a small amount of equity? That means I'll lost 77% of the time.
      Try putting him on some kind of range and then try to see how much equity you get. For example some AK/KQ type of hands and so on.
    • Edukator99
      Edukator99
      Bronze
      Ok, sorry...but why do I only need such a small amount of equity.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Ok, sorry...but why do I only need such a small amount of equity.
      If you know the equity so basically you will know either you can make it profitable Call in long run or not. If you do get smaller equity with the equilab for example as the 23% this means you in long run will loose money.