Stack
      Hero:
      $1,63
      BB:
      $2,69
      MP2:
      $1,97

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q:spade: , Q:diamond:
      2 folds, MP2 raises to $0,04, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0,12, BB raises to $0,40, MP2 folds, Hero raises to $1,63 (All-In), BB calls $1,23.

Flop: ($3,30) K:heart: , 8:club: , 2:spade:
      Turn: ($3,30) 8:spade:
      River: ($3,30) 5:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $3,30

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (Qs Qd)
      BB shows two-pair, kings and eights (Kc Qc)

BB wins with two-pair, kings and eights (Kc Qc)

Did I make the correct move(s)? Thanks!
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello p4checo,

Welcome to the NL BSS Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future, so we will be able to help you fix your leaks and as well help to move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

About the hand:
      Add to full stack.

I'd actually do the raise even 4x his raise so ~$0,16. And the very next question is have has the BB being playing. Do you expect him to go broke with a lot worse hands like maybe AJ+? Weaker PPs? As far I see you don't have that many hands on the opponent then it's really up to the spot if you want to take the flip. So basically overall it's fine to go broke and against his hand we want to go broke all-day long and just a cooler. But overall the play from BB side is often times very strong and at the best we get a coinflip and therefore if the opponent is playing more tighter play I might even sometimes prefer folding be safer. If he continues playing like this with PFR of 7.

Best regards.
    • p4checo
      p4checo
      Bronze
      Hi veriz,

Thank you very much for your analysis and explanation.

In fact I didn't have much information about the BB, and I had seen few hands from him (14), and no showdowns (this was the 1st). I also still have some difficulty estimating a players' range. At that time I looked at the MSS charts and decided to go all-in and take the coinflip. However, I think the Villain may have overplayed his hand and got lucky. With the move he made I would expect KK+, AQ+ maybe, but I made the decicion to take the coinflip because I was tired of being card dead and wanted to see If I could make some money out of a decent hand. In another scenario, I might fold as you said, given the Villains probable range with the re-raise pre-flop.

Looking forward to post more hands and get the leaks fixed! Thanks!

Best Regards