Play in FL 0.2/0/4 and 0.5/0.10

• manhtho2008
      manhtho2008
      Bronze
      I have played poker for 3 months, but i cant make profit !!
      When I have top pair or 2 pair on the flop I raise, but almost people dont fold, they always want to see last card !!, and I often lose at fifth card, , they could win with flush, straigh, or three of kind !!
      I find out, when I face on 1 opponent, they fold easy, but when there are 3 oppnents, they dont want to fold, they call station, or sometime bet crazy to see last card.
      Can you show me, how to play with 2 pair ?? I realized when I have 2 pair, another person will wait flush
      example : I have Kd Th

FLOP: Kc 10c 9h

they will wait straight or flush to knock me !!
  • 8 replies
    • PeterCross
      PeterCross
      Bronze
      I wish I had the answer for you but I am in the same boat. I have also been playing 3 months and am barely breaking-even at the lowest limit.

I am consoling myself with the belief that these situations are actually +EV and while I lose more often than if the villians just folded, when I win then I win bigger pots but this belief feels like a leap of faith right at the moment and is not being reflected in my bank roll!

On the other hand, I know that there are leaks in other aspects of my game and trust that plugging these will make the difference.

All the best - hope things start improving for you soon.

If anyone has any useful advice to the thread starter's question, I'd also love to hear it.
      Bronze
      guys easy easy. first of all. You are both silver status (i wish i was playing with an account tied to pokerstrategy.com <3) go read all the articles and watch all the videos you can on this site. Understand it. write down notes. post hands in the forums. Then im sure you will be able to beat it... I myself are in the challenge of beating the 2c/4c .. :) ive had a hard time too BUT study and getting feedback on your play im sure it will help us as much as it has with all the big shots whos living of off poker. :) gl boys.
    • DYRD
      DYRD
      Bronze
      get your stats to 21/12/2/35 and it will be as easy as a piece of cake
    • Fr0z3nByt3
      Fr0z3nByt3
      Bronze
      Originally posted by manhtho2008
      I have played poker for 3 months, but i cant make profit !!
      When I have top pair or 2 pair on the flop I raise, but almost people dont fold, they always want to see last card !!, and I often lose at fifth card, , they could win with flush, straigh, or three of kind !!
      I find out, when I face on 1 opponent, they fold easy, but when there are 3 oppnents, they dont want to fold, they call station, or sometime bet crazy to see last card.
      Can you show me, how to play with 2 pair ?? I realized when I have 2 pair, another person will wait flush
      example : I have Kd Th

FLOP: Kc 10c 9h

they will wait straight or flush to knock me !!
      I think you have to bet all streets when you have the best hand, and if the river is a scary card you check/call. An open ended or a flush draw will hit one in 3 times, which means you'll win 2 times for every time you lose. So that should turn into a profit. Remember you don't make money from people that fold, you make money from the fishes that keep calling with marginal hands. Even if they sometimes suck out, you have to stay calm and continue playing your best. Here is a funny post that might help you understand what I'm saying. http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Number=491819 GL!
    • bela2222
      bela2222
      Bronze
      Yep these micro limits need a lot of patience, but on the long road you're going to grind all the fish down of the table, with simply ABC-poker. Gl!
    • ElHelado
      ElHelado
      Bronze
      Fixed limit holdem can be a very frustrating game, especially full ring and at very low stakes. You just have to push your edges and hope the best hand will hold up and you will win a monstersized pot.

Note that it is a lot less likely to get sucked out on the fewer players in the pot so if you get frustrated then I truly recommend you play 6handed. Most professionals find that a lot more entertaining then a 10handed game.

Unfortunatly getting sucked out on will always be a part of fixed limit holdem and you just have to be happy that you usually only lose a few bets when it happens while at no limit you usually lose your entire stack.
    • RiverSpeaker
      RiverSpeaker
      Bronze
      DYRD what stats are you using?
    • DYRD
      DYRD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RiverSpeaker
      DYRD what stats are you using?
      Basic: VP$IP, PFR, AF, WTS (of course 35 is low, but good for 0.02/0.04)