This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL4 BSS vs LAG tough laydown

• rudders93
      rudders93
      Bronze
      I'm playing fairly tight (VPIP: ~16) villian had following: vpip = 28, pfr = 21, AF = 2.0 and WTS = 42% over 92 hands

Not too sure if laying down the hand was the best option, although I missed I think he may likely have missed as well, but I really don't know. Should i have acted differently earlier? The reason I played back at his steal attempt is that he had done so a few times beforehand.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $2.02
      BU:
      $4.83
      SB:
      $4.25
      BB (Hero):
      $4.56
      MP2:
      $4.00
      MP3:
      $1.22

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, Q.
      3 folds, BU raises to $0.16, SB folds, Hero raises to $0.48, BU calls $0.32.

Flop: ($0.98) T, 5, 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.70, BU calls $0.70.

Turn: ($2.38) 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.70, BU raises to $3.40, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $4.08.
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello rudders93,

Preflop: Hopefully he does steal you a lot? And what's about his fold to 3bet? I might even prefer just calling and playing postflop with such a hand.

As played
      Postflop: As you get called in 3bet on such a flop then it's very often a made hand. Most likely some pair/overpair therefore I'd rather skip the be ton turn and let it go. And by the way you could even consider doing a smaller bet on flop while it's a 3bet pot and very dry board ~$0,60 should work perfectly fine.

Best regards.
    • rudders93
      rudders93
      Bronze
      Ah I see, yes he was stealing alot! Thanks for that, in the future will play called 3bets less aggressively