[NL2-NL10] NL4 BSS vs LAG tough laydown

• rudders93
      I'm playing fairly tight (VPIP: ~16) villian had following: vpip = 28, pfr = 21, AF = 2.0 and WTS = 42% over 92 hands

Not too sure if laying down the hand was the best option, although I missed I think he may likely have missed as well, but I really don't know. Should i have acted differently earlier? The reason I played back at his steal attempt is that he had done so a few times beforehand.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, Q.
      3 folds, BU raises to $0.16, SB folds, Hero raises to $0.48, BU calls $0.32.

Flop: ($0.98) T, 5, 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.70, BU calls $0.70.

Turn: ($2.38) 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.70, BU raises to $3.40, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $4.08.
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      Hello rudders93,

Preflop: Hopefully he does steal you a lot? And what's about his fold to 3bet? I might even prefer just calling and playing postflop with such a hand.

As played
      Postflop: As you get called in 3bet on such a flop then it's very often a made hand. Most likely some pair/overpair therefore I'd rather skip the be ton turn and let it go. And by the way you could even consider doing a smaller bet on flop while it's a 3bet pot and very dry board ~$0,60 should work perfectly fine.

Best regards.
    • rudders93
      Ah I see, yes he was stealing alot! Thanks for that, in the future will play called 3bets less aggressively