Please allow me to post images.

• 14 replies
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hi h3tt1,

dont worry, you will be able to post images as soon as you become bronze member. :) how is the quiz going? where are you in the process?

smiles,
      wendy
    • h3tt1
      h3tt1
      Basic
      I've passed the quiz, but don't wish to provide ID at this time.

Is there another way I can make 1 SP?

Thanks.
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      oh i see. you can also deposit the minumum in any of our affiliate poker rooms as well so you can play tracked to PokerStrategy.com and start generating points :)
      why dont you want to send in an id? rest assured that they are deleted immediately after verification.

cheers :)
    • h3tt1
      h3tt1
      Basic
      Thanks Wendy,

I just don't think I have anything I can send right now. I've temporarily lost my passport and don't think I have anything else that will do.

It seems a waste to deposit money on a site I don't want to play on just so I can have the privilege of posting images. Especially when you guys could probably click a few buttons and enable my account for image posting.

I don't really mind about being basic status for the time being, I would really just like to be able to post images so I can make my blog more interesting for fellow pokerstrategy members; so hopefully the community would benefit in a small way even if not as a result of direct monetary income.
    • purple16
      purple16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by h3tt1
      Thanks Wendy,

I just don't think I have anything I can send right now. I've temporarily lost my passport and don't think I have anything else that will do.

It seems a waste to deposit money on a site I don't want to play on just so I can have the privilege of posting images. Especially when you guys could probably click a few buttons and enable my account for image posting.

I don't really mind about being basic status for the time being, I would really just like to be able to post images so I can make my blog more interesting for fellow pokerstrategy members; so hopefully the community would benefit in a small way even if not as a result of direct monetary income.
      You don't need pasport, you can send your national ID as well.
    • h3tt1
      h3tt1
      Basic
      Don't even know what that is....
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      first, i think its great that you have decided to blog and share your journey with us. im not sure you know, but we moderators answer questions on the forum and try to provide correct information and service but we do not have the power to alter accounts and such. ive already escalated your request to the head office and have been told that it isnt possible.

as purple16 has started to say, there are a lot of ID's out there, not only the passport. you can also submit driver's license, utility bills, etc. (i think some countries in eu have this national id. we dont have them in my country either. :) )

regards,
      wendy
    • h3tt1
      h3tt1
      Basic
      Thanks for your time and patience.

I guess this really is just a money-making business. I will think for a while about what to do next, but it is likely I will vacate elsewhere now I have learnt a little about the nature of this organisation.
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Gah....no wonder my referrals never make it anywhere :f_cry:

Sorry Hetti......

Let's go get some lunch?
    • TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by h3tt1
      Thanks for your time and patience.

I guess this really is just a money-making business. I will think for a while about what to do next, but it is likely I will vacate elsewhere now I have learnt a little about the nature of this organisation.
      Rules are the same for everyone. Why would they treat you different? :f_confused: It has nothing to do with business. If you want to blog, open a blog somewhere else, there are a lot of such sites and forums...
    • h3tt1
      h3tt1
      Basic
      Originally posted by TiciBoy
      Rules are the same for everyone. Why would they treat you different? .
      Yep, you hit the nail on the head there. I'm just a statistic in a system of unmalleable rules and regulations.

And you are wrong, it has everything to do with business. As a poker player I'd expect you to understand that. As do I.

And don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. Just contemplating taking my potential custom to an organization that is more deserving.
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      im really sad you feel that way. :(

i cannot speak for others, but for myself, i have grown to love this community and all the opportunities it has given me. from the starting capital, to the huge and valuable knowledge pool of articles and videos, to the wonderful friends ive made here.

i understand that is this site is also a business, how else will it run? but for me, it is a wonderful place to learn and grow.

good luck in your ventures.

regards,
      wendy
    • MarcPS
      MarcPS
      I'm sorry you feel that way, h3tt1, but the rules are there to safeguard the entire community and provide a stable framework for discourse and discussion. We've made the experience in the past that many image posts from basic members are spammy, or even dangerous, so we made a rule to safeguard our members.

There is no magic button or magic wand here, but if you want to enjoy the full benefits of posting here then you need to be a bronze member. My colleagues have already explained how that works.

If you decide not to, that's your choice, but please, no speeches about being surprised that a company has 'making money' as a focus. ;)
    • h3tt1
      h3tt1
      Basic
      Originally posted by MarcPS
      We've made the experience in the past that many image posts from basic members are spammy, or even dangerous,
      I understand that, and it's no doubt a prudent measure. I hoped the blog I've already begun may serve as a testament to the fact that I am not here to spam or troll.

It's true I was asking you to make a small exception to rule, but in no way am I asking you to break the principle behind that law (i.e the prevention of spammers), and in no way am I contradicting the 'spirit of the rules' by my request.

Originally posted by MarcPS
      If you decide not to, that's your choice, but please, no speeches about being surprised that a company has 'making money' as a focus. ;)

I'm not complaining or making speeches; just expressing my disappointment with your inability to employ reason when handling what I consider to be a simple and polite request.