3betting Suited (wheel) Aces FR

• Rhymenoceros
      Rhymenoceros
      Bronze
      Hi All,

I often like to 3bet with these types of hands vs LP or BU steals, when I am IP and OOP.

Obviously I only do this against particularly tight opponents, especially when they have a High fold to 3b%

Is this advisable or should I stop doing it? It is fairly easy to get away on ace high boards IMO so I rarely go broke, but is this too spewy?
  • 2 replies
    • esuohdla
      esuohdla
      Bronze
      That concept is known as a resteal, its a good play provided you bear in mind that doing it every time may cause your opponents to adjust to you. Should be profitable as long as you realize when they are beginning to adjust to your light 3bets and react accordingly.
    • sapheal
      sapheal
      Global
      Originally posted by Rhymenoceros
      Hi All,

I often like to 3bet with these types of hands vs LP or BU steals, when I am IP and OOP.

Obviously I only do this against particularly tight opponents, especially when they have a High fold to 3b%

Is this advisable or should I stop doing it? It is fairly easy to get away on ace high boards IMO so I rarely go broke, but is this too spewy?

hi Rhymenoceros :s_love: ,

esuohdla provided you with a lot of valuable information. I would like to add that it might be profitable (if not misused). Still, the problem is that you need to play good postflop and not overplay the hand.

In order to check how you're doing with these types of hands, please, use filtering in Holdem Manager: choose 3bet=true, position= SB,BB, and choose the hands you're doing it with. :)

Hope I helped you. :s_love:

Cheers,
      Michal