[NL2-NL10] SH NL4 AJ vs TAG

• foolboydesire
      Known players:

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:diamond: , J:heart:
      MP3 folds, CO raises to $0,16, 2 folds, Hero calls $0,12.

Flop: ($0,34) A:spade: , 6:spade: , 6:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0,2, Hero calls $0,20.

Turn: ($0,74) 4:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0,56, Hero calls $0,56.

River: ($1,86) 8:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $1,36, Hero ???

I/m not sure about my play in this particular hand in all the streets...
      would he 3barrel KK or QQ or some similar hand, probably not but it felt at the time that he could have some high pocket pair in which case i would win, but bigger ace is also very possible
      should i donk on the flop as a probe bet? give it up on turn? call it to the showdown?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello foolboydesire,

Nah, I don't think that he is going to barrel 3 streets with just some PPs while he sees that we already have the Ax hands most likely. And he just turning his hand into bluff. He wins anyways with some higher Ax hands.

So therefore I don't think that I would Call the river. On turn I am still inclined to think that he may even 2nd barrel with draws or weaker Ax hands. But on river I don't really see what kind of hands we win. As you may understand his VPIP/PFR is as well very nitty therefore we can even expect him to have rather strong hand here. Which makes me even think of folding it on turn sometimes. Just take a look at this W$SD as well, don't think that you beat much.

Best regards.