This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AJs NL5 FR

• Rhymenoceros
      Rhymenoceros
      Bronze
      Villain - 17/13/2/13 wtsd / 90 hands ATS = 71% (5/7) fold to 3b = 85%

Folding is too weak I think. I should be 3betting some and flatting some IMO and he's folding a fair amount of the time.

Do I check call the flop? Should I worry about protection or not since it is a 3bet pot.

PokerStars - $0.05 NL (9 max) - Holdem - 8 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

BTN: $4.93
      Hero (SB): $6.21
      BB: $8.59
      UTG: $4.46
      UTG+1: $2.00
      MP: $4.45
      MP+1: $1.62
      CO: $7.28

Hero posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero has A:diamond: J:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, fold, CO raises to $0.20, fold, Hero raises to $0.62, fold, CO calls $0.42

Flop: ($1.29, 2 players) T:heart: A:spade: 4:spade:
      Hero bets $0.92, CO calls $0.92

Turn: ($3.13, 2 players) 9:diamond:
      Hero checks, CO bets $1.64, fold

CO wins $2.98
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Rhymenoceros,

I am definitely not giving it up while you went for 3bet-value preflop. Therefore it's a bet on turn as well. He may easily even float you with any kind of worse PPs and maybe even some draws.

And nope you shouldn't Check/Call the flop while you were PFA.

Best regards.
    • Rhymenoceros
      Rhymenoceros
      Bronze
      So If I'm 3betting pre I should bet/fold flop and turn, otherwise dont 3bet pre.

If I flat pre I can then play check/call or chk/raise since he c-bets a lot of his range on an ace high wetboard?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Rhymenoceros
      So If I'm 3betting pre I should bet/fold flop and turn, otherwise dont 3bet pre.

If I flat pre I can then play check/call or chk/raise since he c-bets a lot of his range on an ace high wetboard?
      Nah, Check/Raising doesn't make sense. You just isolating yourself against better hands. Rather Check/Call and maybe even keep bluffs/semi-bluffs in the hand.
    • Rhymenoceros
      Rhymenoceros
      Bronze
      I am always paranoid about giving away free cards and I hate having to give up when the board develops badly but Ill have to learn to do that.