Hey !

• minshall27
      minshall27
      Bronze
      Hey Everyone,

Ive been on this site for a few months now and decided to actually start posting. Just saying hi and looking forward to talking to everyone and talking strategy !
  • 4 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi there minshall,

Congrats on making your first post and big welcome to our community!

If you've been around for a few months, you must know how things are rolling around here ;)

Now you need to tell me things you don't know, and we can help you with that! :D

Which poker room are you playing at and what is your game type?

Ingrid
    • minshall27
      minshall27
      Bronze
      i play on a lot of different sites but i change from time to time as to which i play on, recently ive been playing on the wsop site and everest.

ive been playing for nearly 3 years now and thought it would be a good idea to talk strategy and get help with my game. i think im an okay player but everyone needs help right ? :P

i play mainly HULHE, but would really like to improve my overall PLO game as ive started to take that game more seriously lately.

All help is appreciated !

:D
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey Minshall27,

I have actually played some mid-high stakes HULHE recently. Whats your thoughts on the general strategy theory of raising the turn for free showdown/value with weak showdown hands?

Looking forward to hopefully getting into a good debate!

Thanks
      Patrick!
    • minshall27
      minshall27
      Bronze
      You've played higher stakes than me then, so im sure in some cases you can help me out alot more !

i never really go for a general strategy when playing HU, i like to get a feel for how the other person is playing and change my game up along the way.

i find most people bet the turn whether they have a piece or not, so raising is always good whether you have a weak showdown hand or not as most weak players will either fold there and then alot of the time or call and fold to a river bet/raise. but the start of a match i may consider keeping it tight so i wont get to the turn without a weak showdown hand. but later on i cant really say what percentage ill do it because i dont use any software, Holdem manager etc.

going off instinct and simple betting patterns has worked for me so far !