This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Hey !

• minshall27
      minshall27
      Bronze
      Hey Everyone,

Ive been on this site for a few months now and decided to actually start posting. Just saying hi and looking forward to talking to everyone and talking strategy !
  • 4 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi there minshall,

Congrats on making your first post and big welcome to our community!

If you've been around for a few months, you must know how things are rolling around here ;)

Now you need to tell me things you don't know, and we can help you with that! :D

Which poker room are you playing at and what is your game type?

Ingrid
    • minshall27
      minshall27
      Bronze
      i play on a lot of different sites but i change from time to time as to which i play on, recently ive been playing on the wsop site and everest.

ive been playing for nearly 3 years now and thought it would be a good idea to talk strategy and get help with my game. i think im an okay player but everyone needs help right ? :P

i play mainly HULHE, but would really like to improve my overall PLO game as ive started to take that game more seriously lately.

All help is appreciated !

:D
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey Minshall27,

I have actually played some mid-high stakes HULHE recently. Whats your thoughts on the general strategy theory of raising the turn for free showdown/value with weak showdown hands?

Looking forward to hopefully getting into a good debate!

Thanks
      Patrick!
    • minshall27
      minshall27
      Bronze
      You've played higher stakes than me then, so im sure in some cases you can help me out alot more !

i never really go for a general strategy when playing HU, i like to get a feel for how the other person is playing and change my game up along the way.

i find most people bet the turn whether they have a piece or not, so raising is always good whether you have a weak showdown hand or not as most weak players will either fold there and then alot of the time or call and fold to a river bet/raise. but the start of a match i may consider keeping it tight so i wont get to the turn without a weak showdown hand. but later on i cant really say what percentage ill do it because i dont use any software, Holdem manager etc.

going off instinct and simple betting patterns has worked for me so far !