larweet
      Bronze
      I think it wasn`t quite right but here it is how it went:

chips:
      X-7000
      Y-2200
      ME: 2800

Blinds: 100/200

X began stealing blinds and when I catched 88 I came on top of him reraising his 600 to 1200. He pushed me all-in and I called. Lost to AQ. Was it very bad play or bad luck? Because i feel some kind of guilty loosing this since it is my first lost at 6$ sng.
  • 5 replies
    • kidzoltan
      kidzoltan
      Platinum
      why do you play 6$ dollar sng if you don't know the answer??
    • larweet
      larweet
      Bronze
      I just started to do so and I think it was quite good move from my side. It`s just always too frustrating to me to climb up to new levels when I don`t know if I belong in here. I managed to win ~36$ at 6 plr. tables and dont know is it good luck or not.

So who says it was good move? I am not here to cry that I lost but to know the answer :)
    • TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by larweet
      I just started to do so and I think it was quite good move from my side. It`s just always too frustrating to me to climb up to new levels when I don`t know if I belong in here. I managed to win ~36$ at 6 plr. tables and dont know is it good luck or not.

So who says it was good move? I am not here to cry that I lost but to know the answer :)
      As was already said. You shouldn't really play $6 sngs until you know the answer yourself. :f_p:
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      I'm sure it's fine.....but rather than raise to 1200 I'd probably just shove allin since you have around 14bb only.
    • sapheal
      sapheal
      Global
      hi larweet :s_love: ,

I'm assuming there were three players at the table. X (BTN) opened 3x. You should go allin given your stack-to-pot ratio (i.e. you have only 10(BB+SB) in stack, that's not much). Villain's BTN opening range is wide.

I think it might be close to 40%, so against this range you have ca 60%. However, it's not like this because your opponent is going to fold more than ca 60% of this range, allowing you to collect the dead money, which is great and will call you with ca. 40% of his range, that includes e.g. A8s A9o QJs and all pp. Against this range you have 53% so it' huge.

But, even if he folds 22-55 you still have a coinflip making this play a great play due to a number of folds and your equity.

It wasn't a bad luck. The play wasn't very good but if you move up the limits and improve your status you will have access to more and more educational material and coachings- and this will help you beat the games.

Hope I provided you with a detailed answer. :s_love:

Cheers,
      Michal