[Application] Everest Poker $8 SnG's

• deafeater
      deafeater
      Bronze
      I have read and accepted the staking rules. By posting in this thread, every member acknowledges the same.

Feedback thread for Deatheater

Here's a little bit about me;
      I'm relatively new to poker. I found this website out and after looking through the guides and training, I took the quiz for the $50 starting capital. I received it and started playing over at Full Tilt Poker. Naturally, I lost my bankroll and after investing some of my own money, I gradually built it up to around $400 before the closure.

Then I was sent an email from PS saying that I could have a free $50 first aid bonus for Everest Poker. Whilst I registered it straight away, I didn't play with it at first.. Instead, I went on other to Zynga on facebook and started playing the SnG tables over there.. Obviously, it's nothing like playing with real money, and people will happily go all in with ridiculous cards, but after the idiots were eliminated, serious poker started playing (semi serious at least).. After constantly getting in the money, I decided to have a go with the Everest Poker money..

Over at Everest, I started playing 6 man SnG's where the top 3 players doubled their buy ins. I ended up CONSTANTLY winning. Even when I took a shot and went for a $30 buy in, I still ended up in the money. I'd like to provide some graphs for this, but Elephant doesn't have any SnG data for me? ( Can anyone help me with that?? I've tried importing a folder from my HD but there's no data available. Just for cash games)

Unfortunately, this winning got me over confident and I started playing some cash games. I avoided the low stakes because again, it's almost like you're playing with play money. People make stupid shots and end up hitting. >_>
      At first I was playing well, tripling my $50 buy in to $150. Then I made the STUPID mistake of playing at a higher limit. I'm sure you can guess what happened. Went busto on a stupid play. Saw I had a straight but forgot to notice the blatant flush on the table. Ended up going all in and losing the majority of my BR.

So, now I've learnt the importance of BRM and to stick to your strengths!

So, I've been honest and I hope you're still reading, because here's the offer I'd like to give you:

I would like to get staked on $8 SnG tables over at Everest Poker.
      I will happily accept different %'s of buy ins as I accept that I am probably a little risky.. naturally, I hope that once I have shown you satisfactory results, that you will continue to stake me in a longer term investment. :)

As I will be playing to win $16 each game, I will offer a 70/30 standard pay of the total amount of the winnings.

I will hope to continue any stake in once the first "stint" has been completed and we both have our money.

Once I've figured out how to get the elephant working with the Everest SnG's, I'll also post regular stats on the games.

I believe in regular contact between staker and stakee, so I will ALWAYS provide constant information after gameplay.

If anyone's interested or has any questions, feel free to post away. I will always reply to the best of my ability.

Cheers,
      -DE
  • 5 replies
    • Styr
      Styr
      Silver
      So you are asking to be staked for the $8 6 man DoN's at Everest?

How many games do you plan on playing each week? How much would each share cost, and how many do you plan on selling?

I'm interested, and could probably stake for the whole value, but need those details. :)
    • Kodark
      Kodark
      Bronze
      please use paragraphs and make your application look professional if you want to be taken seriously.

Also i think your asking for too much to be staked if your self control has not even got to the level where you follow some form of logical BRM.
    • deafeater
      deafeater
      Bronze
      Yeah, the double or nothings are what I've been playing and get the best results in. :) Like I said, the only reason I blew my BR is through bad brm and playing stupid cash games.. Being staked would eliminate that problem as I'd only play the games I'm being staked for and it's not my money, so I wouldn't risk it in the cash games..

Well, I left the offer open, as I'm obviously new here, and I didn't think many people would be interested in investing in me. I tend to play at night, when I'm not with my girlfriend (she doesn't approve. :( ), but it works out better due to the fishier games - but it can vary as to how many I play depending on how late I get back and when I've gotta be up in the morning. But on average I can play around 100 games. Although I'm not asking for that many buy-ins, that would be crazy.. :P

Well, I'd be happy with a 70/30 of the total winnings if you're interested, I guess it would be easier to do it from the total winnings rather than 70/30 of each game.

@Kodark: Is that better for you? I didn't know how the format of PS forums worked, pressing enter on many forums I visit = a new paragraph, I didn't realise you had to do it twice here.. Dunno if that makes sense but whatever.. haha

Also, the point is that by being staked I won't be venturing into the cash games, so there shouldn't be any issue with the self control. Playing with someone else's money is a lot different to playing with your own (or free from PS ), so I definately wouldn't be risking it.

Plus, I'm not that stupid, I'd rather inform the staker of my past play and be honest rather than failing to inform them of my bad play. Everyone makes stupid mistakes, and I'd rather be honest about my own.
    • Styr
      Styr
      Silver
      I do not see a problem here. Given that you can manage 100 games per week, I could invest $400. That is 50 buy-ins and should be enough, especially when you have had experience with this kind of format.

This should be gone over in detail, of course. But at the moment I am willing to do $400 at 70/30. Once you have proven yourself with a decent ROI, I would gladly come down with the percentage.
    • deafeater
      deafeater
      Bronze
      50 Buy ins would be plenty enough to get it all started. I'll add you as a friend in a moment so that we can go over the details in the private message system.

Just curious as to what you mean by coming down with the percentage? :)

However, yes, if I could prove a decent ROI, I would be willing to go for a longer term, if that's what you're interested in. It's probably my best way of making myself money without blowing it.. :P