What annoys you the most: getting bad beated or getting outplayed?

• suaveplayer
      suaveplayer
      Bronze
      I have enough experience so that bad beats do not annoy me much, like I feel that rage starting in the back of my mind but it goes away very quickly.

It still tilts me to get outplayed though, for some reason I tend to take it very personally. And I don´t mean the make you fold the best hand type of outplaying only, I also mean that kind of outplaying where they play a value hand in such a weird way that I can´t help but call because their line doesn´t make sense.

The action goes like this, they make weird river bet after taking a not very logical line on previous streets. I take my time, realise their line smells like bullshit, call and get shown a better hand. This tilts me a lot, and I get angry and wish death upon him (lol, its sad).

Don´t know why, it just annoys me so much more to call with a worst hand than to fold the best hand.
  • 19 replies
    • lynius
      lynius
      Bronze
      I find I get annoyed with myself if I make a bad play - usually calling. But that's usually because if I make a bad play - its fundamentally bad because I'm in the micros.
    • Torg0th
      Torg0th
      Black
      Bad beats don't tilt me that much anymore but playing badly definitely does. For example bluffing without really thinking about it on 2nd or 3rd street with a scare card and then realizing that they werent gonna fold anything they called previous bets with etc.

I think about my lines a lot more now but it used to tilt me to no end. On the other end, calling and losing the hand doesn't really tilt me if I know i'm ahead of his range most of the time.
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      getting outplayed angers me 1000 times more than getting sucked out on
    • Phgrinder
      Phgrinder
      Bronze
      when they make hero calls from the bottom of their range to outplay my bluff
    • Laggsy
      Laggsy
      Bronze
      Only thing that annoys me is when someone plays terrible and gets paid off. If they outplayed then i can appreciate that and ill make a note lol. Bad beats whatever mate. Who gives a fudge about bad beats.
    • gsergiul
      gsergiul
      Bronze
      Getting called by q high after triple barreling my oesfd
    • Saruniks
      Saruniks
      Bronze
      getting bad beat against fish.

yeah, we wait and wait for good hand to get value from fish, and when we get 80% hand, we lose. Then we wait again again again...
    • bennisboy
      bennisboy
      Bronze
      usually getting outplayed, but atm it's bad beats.

I haven't won an all-in in 2000 hands.

I lose flips, I lose 60/40s, I lose 70/30 and I lose 80/20, I've lost everytime I've come up against one outers and runner runners.

I'm getting my money in good a lot of the time, but I cannot win. It's quite depressing!
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Getting outplayed, even tho it almost never happens.
    • gsergiul
      gsergiul
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bennisboy

I lose flips, I lose 60/40s, I lose 70/30 and I lose 80/20, I've lost everytime I've come up against one outers and runner runners.

I'm getting my money in good a lot of the time, but I cannot win. It's quite depressing!
      EV adjusted graph please.
    • clawindsouza
      clawindsouza
      Bronze
      Im on tilt thinking about all the things that tilts me!
    • bennisboy
      bennisboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gsergiul

It's across different rooms so I cant. But I never moan about bad beats. I understand how they are part of the game. I get annoyed more by putting my money in in -EV, but these last 2000 hands are ridic
    • gsergiul
      gsergiul
      Bronze

It's across different rooms so I cant. But I never moan about bad beats. I understand how they are part of the game. I get annoyed more by putting my money in in -EV, but these last 2000 hands are ridic
      I've been running like crap for 20k+ hands... at 2nl, it's like being in a rat race.
    • kidzoltan
      kidzoltan
      Platinum
      2000 hands is a very big sample..
    • xlesleyx
      xlesleyx
      Bronze
      I dont get outplayed so bad beats definitely annoys me most :)
    • Saruniks
      Saruniks
      Bronze

how many times did you get 80/20 in 2000 hands haha?
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      I would have to go with bad beats for short term. In some extreme cases I've had to instantly shut down my computer after suffering one too many, not the kind of reaction I have after getting outplayed. But the latter leaves a more lasting impact. If I, for instance, notice that I play worse than the majority of my opponents, it actually makes me doubt my own skills or just quit playing for a week or two.
    • bennisboy
      bennisboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kidzoltan
      2000 hands is a very big sample..
      Tell me where I said it was a big sample...

I said that in the last 2000 I've run like crap. I know its variance. It's not like I'm claiming it's rigged or that I never win, it's just recently. I know it'll turn.

Like I said, usually getting outplayed buggs me more, if i get my money in good then I'm usually happy. It just sucks lately! haha