[NL2-NL10] NL4 QQ aggression q

• rudders93
      rudders93
      Bronze
      Was my aggression correct, or should I have bet more? I think that maybe I shouldn't have lead on the turn, due to the potential flush, and instead only called if he put in a small bet of 1/2 to 2/3 pot, otherwise fold. Or did i bet correctly? Also, with what happened, should I have bet the river as well?

Party Poker $4 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1368693
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

CO: $4.94
      BTN: $3.27
      Hero (SB): $4.41
      BB: $0.88
      UTG: $8.00
      MP: $4.79

Pre Flop: ($0.06) Hero is SB with Q :spade: Q :heart:
      1 fold, MP calls $0.04, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.16, 1 fold, MP calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.36) 2 :club: 7 :spade: 8 :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.26, MP calls $0.26

Turn: ($0.88) 3 :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.60, MP calls $0.60

River: ($2.08) 4 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP checks

Final Pot: $2.08
      Hero shows Q :spade: Q :heart: (a pair of Queens)
      MP mucks J :heart: J :spade: (a pair of Jacks)
      Hero wins $1.98

Thanks!
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello rudders93,

Preflop: Actually while we have a limper I'd raise it even bigger ~$0,20 + $0,04 for being OOP -> $0,24.
      Postflop: Guess it's pretty thin value on river. Some draws even completed and unless he is rather looser player he will have hard time Calling with a lot worse. Although myself I would do it 1/2 for block-bet.

Best regards.
    • rudders93
      rudders93
      Bronze
      Hi,

Thanks for that. What do you mean by a block-bet?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by rudders93
      Hi,

Thanks for that. What do you mean by a block-bet?
      Block-bet means that you are OOP and trying to make a small bet to avoid that he does a huge bet and having hard time Calling against him.
    • VIDOCCC
      VIDOCCC
      Bronze
      1. what does limper means?
      2. the normal raise is 4big +number of calls and so in this case it should be 20 and if you are OOP you can add one more big blind? or why 24?
      3.what does thin value means? I can't find such term in glossary.
      4.from where we know that he is looser player? (if I am correct looser means who plays most hands)
      5. and what does it means "to call with a lot worse"

sorry if I ask very stupid questions but I am learning it and soon I hope I don't bother you with this kind of questions :(
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      First of all there are no stupid question, there are just stupid people who don't ask. :D

1. what does limper means?

Limper means that if someone just Calls and doesn't Raise. For example is first to act and Calls like the opponent(MP) did.

2. the normal raise is 4big +number of calls and so in this case it should be 20 and if you are OOP you can add one more big blind? or why 24?

I do usually add it because we are OOP and playing OOP is a bit harder. And those players will pay anyways either it's $0,04 more or the same.

3.what does thin value means? I can't find such term in glossary.

Thin value means that there ain't that many worse hands which are going to pay you. So practically few hands. You can't be 100% sure that you even betting for value but rather could be the chance that you might as well just give the opponent the money.

4.from where we know that he is looser player? (if I am correct looser means who plays most hands)

Yes, loose player means he plays a lot of hands. And understanding either he is a looser player or not we can use for example stats if you have any kind of programs.

5. and what does it means "to call with a lot worse"

This exactly means as the sentence says that he will have hard to decide either to Call with some weak hand like mid-pair or even top-pair. A lot of worse means practically a lot of worse hands which villain is holding.