Poker table rules

• SaynotoKlaus
      SaynotoKlaus
      Bronze
      Can you guys link me some page where all the rules are explained? I know the basic rules , but since i play online all the time , i might have missed some , since the software is designed in such way that you can't make any illegal moves.
      I was playing poker with two friends of mine , one of them was new and the other claimed to know all rules in detail , but i personally think he was a douchebag - he usually is :) - and tried to exploit them in his favor.
      Once we were in the hand all 3 , i folded , and after that i said i had a K , then he got all mad , and canceled the round because you are not allowed to say what you had. I only said i had a K , i didn't show my cards before the round was over.
      So if you know a complete poker rules guide , with every detail please link me , so these kind of stuff don't happen anymore :)
  • 9 replies
    • SaynotoKlaus
      SaynotoKlaus
      Bronze
      When it comes to showdown , in what order do players show their cards? Is it determined by postflop position?
    • RubyWesson
      RubyWesson
      Bronze
      Your not allowed to say what you have while the hands being played
    • gsergiul
      gsergiul
      Bronze
      As far as I could tell the one who bets shows the cards first. For example someone bets @ river and you call, he shows first then you can muck. I'm not sure if it goes check check.
    • TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze
      If nobody bets, it goes as are positions from the button (button shows last). If someone bets, he shows first.

As for talking about your hand...I know, you must not show your cards and also probably you can't tell anyone what you had before the hand ends (but not 100% sure). Anyways I don't really see why would you want to reveal your hand during play.
    • Pascal
      Pascal
      Bronze
      Hi,

there are no 100% rules
      when it comes to such things house rules can differ
      however it is quite common you shouldn't talk about a hand still running
      nevertheless canceling the whole hand is a little over the top, especially when playing with friends

about the showing, I don't really like the "you first, no you ok but I show only one ..." stuff
      simply table the hand and stop playing around who's duty it is
    • SaynotoKlaus
      SaynotoKlaus
      Bronze
      Another question: When you have to show your cards at showdown , can you show just one card? or you have to show both , even if the other player doesn't have anything?
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SaynotoKlaus
      Another question: When you have to show your cards at showdown , can you show just one card? or you have to show both , even if the other player doesn't have anything?

Most online poker rooms don't allow you to do that. PKR allows it AFAIK. PKR is probably as close to live poker as you can get in terms of online Poker
    • inavandownby
      inavandownby
      Silver
      biggest mistake i made was not announcing raise and just throwing in a single large chip(so counts a just a call and everybody limps), buy buy kk.
    • Pascal
      Pascal
      Bronze
      if you are on a showdown, your opponent tables both cards
      and you for some reason refuse to show both cards you loose
      doesn't matter if the one card you show already beats him