Help with game style analisis

• BGNature
      BGNature
      Bronze
      Hi there!

I am mostly a MTT player. I downloaded HoldemManager and one of the statistics that got my attention is this. I don't know exactly the normal ranges of all those values, so I would appreciate if you can give me some help to detect some failures of my game.

I'm trying to be mid-agressive player, with some small ball strategy mixed up. I play about 25-30% of hands, looking for opporunities in position.

Thank you!!

Hands 2900
      Winnings $148,705.00 // Is this only bet sizes or BB related?
      bb/100 14.97
      VPIP% 26.2
      PFR% 18
      PFR/VPIP Ratio 68.8 // What is the diference about those two things?
      3Bet% 7.1
      vs 3Bet Call% 66.1
      4Bet Range 1.5
      Sqz% 5.1
      WTSD% 54.2
      W$SD% 45.9
      W$WSF 44.2
      Agg 2.57
      Agg% 19.3
      Flop Agg% 23
      Turn Agg% 20.5
      River Agg% 12
      Flop CBet% 72.7
      Flop CBet% Success 37.5
      Turn CBet% 94.1
      Flop Fold vs Cbet 44.8
      Flop vs Raise Fold% 0
      Steal Pct 42.7
      Early UO PFR 8.9
      Middle UO PFR 17.9
      Cutoff UO PFR 28.1
      Button UO PFR 40.5
      SB UO PFR 58.4
      Preflop Positional Awareness 4.56
      River Call Efficiency 2.31
      SB Reraise Steal 8
      BB Reraise Steal 14.1
      SB Fold to Steal 85
      BB Fold to Steal 61.3
  • 3 replies
    • TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BGNature
      Hi there!

I am mostly a MTT player. I downloaded HoldemManager and one of the statistics that got my attention is this. I don't know exactly the normal ranges of all those values, so I would appreciate if you can give me some help to detect some failures of my game.

I'm trying to be mid-agressive player, with some small ball strategy mixed up. I play about 25-30% of hands, looking for opporunities in position.

Thank you!!

Hands 2900
      Winnings $148,705.00 // Is this only bet sizes or BB related?
      bb/100 14.97
      VPIP% 26.2
      PFR% 18
      PFR/VPIP Ratio 68.8 // What is the diference about those two things?
      3Bet% 7.1
      vs 3Bet Call% 66.1
      4Bet Range 1.5
      Sqz% 5.1
      WTSD% 54.2
      W$SD% 45.9
      W$WSF 44.2
      Agg 2.57
      Agg% 19.3
      Flop Agg% 23
      Turn Agg% 20.5
      River Agg% 12
      Flop CBet% 72.7
      Flop CBet% Success 37.5
      Turn CBet% 94.1
      Flop Fold vs Cbet 44.8
      Flop vs Raise Fold% 0
      Steal Pct 42.7
      Early UO PFR 8.9
      Middle UO PFR 17.9
      Cutoff UO PFR 28.1
      Button UO PFR 40.5
      SB UO PFR 58.4
      Preflop Positional Awareness 4.56
      River Call Efficiency 2.31
      SB Reraise Steal 8
      BB Reraise Steal 14.1
      SB Fold to Steal 85
      BB Fold to Steal 61.3
      It would help if you post more about the games you are playing. Wich limits (BIs), do you play MTT SNGs (45, 90, 180 man) or big field MTTs (several thousand players). :)

I'm not an MTT player (I do play some MTTs here and there), so can't help a lot. But first thing is - SAMPLE SIZE, you played 2900 hands, that is nothing...

I think winnings are showing just chips you won, it has nothing to do with money directly. PFR/VPIV ratio tells you a ratio between the number of hands you raise to number of hands you play (raise + call/limp).

I'll eave rest to more experienced MTT players. ;)
    • BGNature
      BGNature
      Bronze
      Thank you, TiciBoy, for your answer.

Answering your question, I play mostly 3$ MTT with 27-90 players. For now, I am not winning nor loosing, but I want to make some earnings... :-) Hopefully my statistics don't show im a fish...

The number of hands are about 40 tournaments completed. I had 3-10 times each hand. Isn't that enough for an approach? (I installed HM 5 days ago...)
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      Some statistics converge rapidly, while others take larger samples to be reliable.

You should try to filter your statistics by the tournament phase when possible. If you mix together the early game with your push/fold play in the final 3, your statistics won't mean much.

It looks like you are defending the blinds much too often. Many of your opponents are passive. When they raise, and you are out of position, you need a strong hand to continue.

There is an unusually large gap between your VPIP and PFR. Some gap is healthy, such as when you are calling all-in with a strong hand, or have a profitable overlimp (perhaps completing the small blind after limpers with a hand like 76s), but since you are doing it unusually often you should ask yourself whether it might be better to raise or fold each time you call preflop.

I like your steal percentages.

Your cbet success rate is low. Are your cbets too small? On a dry board, a cbet of half of the pot is fine, but if you cbet usually make a larger one on a coordinated board. Are you cbetting with nothing in 4-way pots? Usually don't do that.