Hello Guys

• krobber
      krobber
      Basic
      I have just registered to this site from word of mouth from my girlfriend and I love it. I am a 22 year old student studying Graphic design in Thailand. I originally lived in the US but have come to enjoy my young adult life and get a degree at the same time within Thailand. I love the website and the community here is amazing. I'm looking forward to getting some of my hands analyzed, and am going to be predominantly playing STTs/MTTs until I get a bankroll for 5/10. I had a few questions regarding living in Thailand and playing...

1. I have asked for the 50$ starting capital for Party Poker, will there be any hassle towards me in relation to living in Thailand?

2. Will I be able to recommend my Thai friends to party poker and pokerstrategy?

3. Will my Thai Visa work with withdrawing and depositing? If not, what is the recommended course of action while playing at Party Poker?
      ----> Should I just ask for a check? <----

If these questions will be better answered in the Party Poker forum, could an admin please forward it there? Thank you guys for everything and I look forward to playing with you all, hopefully having some sessions with fellow players in Thailand!

KB <3
  • 5 replies
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hey krobber,

awesome to have you with us. warm welcome to the community! so are you asian as well? i dont really know about the laws in Thailand. for example, is poker legal there? if it is, then you should have no problems :)

Thailand is not included in restricted countries of PartyPoker so that's good news. :)

you are also very welcome to invite friends to PokerStrategy.com

with regards to whether your Visa will work, it is actually bank dependent. you will need to contact your bank whether gambling transactions are allowed. probably the best way to move money across sites is to have an ewallet like Neteller or Moneybookers or Click2Pay. i think bank wires are also an option if you dont plan to play anywhere else.

cheers,
      wendy
    • krobber
      krobber
      Basic
      well my ID check failed sooo... going to have to wait to play poker until I figure out a way to fund my account from thailand, they don't let you redo ID checks? Not sure what I messed up with.
    • DuDaa
      DuDaa
      Silver
      Welcome!
      Ha ha, Im student to, and this site is perfect place to start earning some extra cash ;)
      About cashin from PokerParty... You can always make a bank transfer to get your money, so you dont realy need VISA i think ;)
      Good luck mate and see you around :)
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      uh-oh KB, sorry to hear that. i would ask for you but there have never been any re-do on ID checks for as long as ive been around :(

dont worry, the first $50 is really just the smallest thing that this site will offer you. the content even for bronze members is thousands of dollars worth already. if you will study them and use proper brm, you will soon earn $$ for yourself. Party poker has some good support ive heard, so you can click on live chat and ask about deposit options from Thailand. i think even if you click cashier, the options appearing will be the available ones from your country.

thanks for the help Dudaa :)

smiles,
      wendy
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey Krobber, hows it going?

My friend from Uni was a Graphic Design student, what kind of work you looking to get into? He's currently doing a years placement in London and did some really cool stuff from Ted Baker, I'm always super interested to see pieces so please post some ITT?

Welcome to PokerStrategy too! :)