This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Thinking about quiting online poker

• adobog
      adobog
      Bronze
      I have just had enough with online poker. Today I lost like almost all of my stack on this hands A A vs A Ko pre flop all in , A A vs 10 10 all in preflop, and A A vs Q Q
      and who can tell me that is normal and the weird thing is that all of that happened in like 5 minutes of time. I am thinking that I will stick with live poker which is way more profitable for me. I played first time live tournament 11$ buy in which was first I ever played live 59 players and won it. Clearly internet poker makes me threw up when I lost like AA vs AKo with two K on the flop...I guess this state of mind for me will just last for a day of two but now I really don't see me playing online anymore. If u have any advice for me or you could share ur experience with live and online poker I would be glad to hear it.
  • 15 replies
    • RubyWesson
      RubyWesson
      Bronze
      Its just how it goes my friend, if you played well and lost you should be happy :)
    • TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by adobog
      I have just had enough with online poker. Today I lost like almost all of my stack on this hands A A vs A Ko pre flop all in , A A vs 10 10 all in preflop, and A A vs Q Q
      and who can tell me that is normal and the weird thing is that all of that happened in like 5 minutes of time. I am thinking that I will stick with live poker which is way more profitable for me. I played first time live tournament 11$ buy in which was first I ever played live 59 players and won it. Clearly internet poker makes me threw up when I lost like AA vs AKo with two K on the flop...I guess this state of mind for me will just last for a day of two but now I really don't see me playing online anymore. If u have any advice for me or you could share ur experience with live and online poker I would be glad to hear it.
      [] BRM

How can you loose almost whole roll in 3 hands if you read basic articles here? Stop crying it is your fault....
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TiciBoy
      [] BRM

How can you loose almost whole roll in 3 hands if you read basic articles here? Stop crying it is your fault....
      A little more gentle next time!
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Well first off the sample size of 1 tournament doesn't mean your live play is hugely profitable. And yeah it will never happen that you lose 3 times with AA in 5mins at live table since its next to impossible to get AA 3 times in 5 minutes but bad beats are just as common as in online play

You definitly have to improve your mindset.
    • hackbinder
      hackbinder
      Bronze
      AA is not a "kill everything" gun.
    • adobog
      adobog
      Bronze
      All hands were preflop
    • adobog
      adobog
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TiciBoy
      [] BRM

That were just a few of hands which I wanted to point out there were more suck outs and obviously hands where I were beat but today I wanted to straight my game up and its very hard when u get beat like that. And please don't talk with arrogance because it's really not what I need now.
    • TakeManies
      TakeManies
      Bronze
      From my own personal experience the bad beats never end and I've ran below EV for well over 18 months now so if I was you I would just quit now before you become bitter and twisted and start getting chat banned like myself. Hope this helps.
    • furculision
      furculision
      Bronze
      Yes.
    • Angelface21
      Angelface21
      Bronze
      Not understanding variance, should not allow you to throw in the towl.

Keep going......focus and deal with it!
    • feursturm
      feursturm
      Bronze
      I know how you feel..had built my bankroll up again from zero (lost my previous $75 bankroll in the Full Tilt closure) to $6.50 playing freerolls on Pokerstars.
      Finished ITM a couple of times, which came to about $1.60, then invested it in 1/2 cent cash games...( bad BRM I know)
      So yesterday lost 50% of it on three hands..
      AA v QQ...Hero, Raise 4x UTG..BU Push All In..Hero..Call!!!
      Board : xQxxx..oh well
      AA v K6s...SB All In..Hero..Call!!!
      Board : xxKxK..wtf!!!
      Ak v A6os
      Board : Ax6xx.. :s_o: ...fffffff!!!
      My friend has lost 6 hands in a row with KK v random Ax/Any two suited..so hope you take some consolation from knowing your not alone in the bad beat horror!!!
    • themagpiespg
      themagpiespg
      Bronze
      When u've had quads cracked twice in a row then u can complain. That a proper bad beat aa all in pre flop v kk, qq, jj, there just pairs pair are the second worst hand in poker so if some 1 hits trips ur pair is no good simple.
    • ThisAintPoker
      ThisAintPoker
      Bronze
      It happens to everybody, listen: You WILL win in the long run, who cares if you lost this time? You'll just win next time , or maybe in a year or so, but ull still have profit. No worries
    • dapokawinna
      dapokawinna
      Basic
      Originally posted by ThisAintPoker
      It happens to everybody, listen: You WILL win in the long run,
      if you play better than your opponents :D

who cares if you lost this time?
      nobody :)

No worries
      never ever :f_cool:
    • xlesleyx
      xlesleyx
      Bronze
      Stick with it finger bash the keys in the chat bar.If u get chat barred lifting the mouse of the mat a few inches and smashing it down helps if u run out of mouses buy a punch bag!

This was my line to deal with the tilt rage until i became more experienced and realised why brm was so important.Now i am jst happy when i see fish winning means there is still some easy money out there..

Good luck in the future stick with it.BRM BRM BRM BRM BRM BRM BRM BRM