Thinking about quiting online poker

• adobog
      adobog
      Bronze
      I have just had enough with online poker. Today I lost like almost all of my stack on this hands A A vs A Ko pre flop all in , A A vs 10 10 all in preflop, and A A vs Q Q
      and who can tell me that is normal and the weird thing is that all of that happened in like 5 minutes of time. I am thinking that I will stick with live poker which is way more profitable for me. I played first time live tournament 11$ buy in which was first I ever played live 59 players and won it. Clearly internet poker makes me threw up when I lost like AA vs AKo with two K on the flop...I guess this state of mind for me will just last for a day of two but now I really don't see me playing online anymore. If u have any advice for me or you could share ur experience with live and online poker I would be glad to hear it.
  • 15 replies
    • RubyWesson
      RubyWesson
      Bronze
      Its just how it goes my friend, if you played well and lost you should be happy :)
    • TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by adobog
      I have just had enough with online poker. Today I lost like almost all of my stack on this hands A A vs A Ko pre flop all in , A A vs 10 10 all in preflop, and A A vs Q Q
      and who can tell me that is normal and the weird thing is that all of that happened in like 5 minutes of time. I am thinking that I will stick with live poker which is way more profitable for me. I played first time live tournament 11$ buy in which was first I ever played live 59 players and won it. Clearly internet poker makes me threw up when I lost like AA vs AKo with two K on the flop...I guess this state of mind for me will just last for a day of two but now I really don't see me playing online anymore. If u have any advice for me or you could share ur experience with live and online poker I would be glad to hear it.
      [] BRM

How can you loose almost whole roll in 3 hands if you read basic articles here? Stop crying it is your fault....
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Originally posted by TiciBoy
      [] BRM

How can you loose almost whole roll in 3 hands if you read basic articles here? Stop crying it is your fault....
      A little more gentle next time!
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Well first off the sample size of 1 tournament doesn't mean your live play is hugely profitable. And yeah it will never happen that you lose 3 times with AA in 5mins at live table since its next to impossible to get AA 3 times in 5 minutes but bad beats are just as common as in online play

You definitly have to improve your mindset.
    • hackbinder
      hackbinder
      Bronze
      AA is not a "kill everything" gun.
    • adobog
      adobog
      Bronze
      All hands were preflop
    • adobog
      adobog
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TiciBoy
      [] BRM

That were just a few of hands which I wanted to point out there were more suck outs and obviously hands where I were beat but today I wanted to straight my game up and its very hard when u get beat like that. And please don't talk with arrogance because it's really not what I need now.
    • TakeManies
      TakeManies
      Bronze
      From my own personal experience the bad beats never end and I've ran below EV for well over 18 months now so if I was you I would just quit now before you become bitter and twisted and start getting chat banned like myself. Hope this helps.
    • furculision
      furculision
      Bronze
      Yes.
    • Angelface21
      Angelface21
      Bronze
      Not understanding variance, should not allow you to throw in the towl.

Keep going......focus and deal with it!
    • feursturm
      feursturm
      Bronze
      I know how you feel..had built my bankroll up again from zero (lost my previous $75 bankroll in the Full Tilt closure) to $6.50 playing freerolls on Pokerstars.
      Finished ITM a couple of times, which came to about $1.60, then invested it in 1/2 cent cash games...( bad BRM I know)
      So yesterday lost 50% of it on three hands..
      AA v QQ...Hero, Raise 4x UTG..BU Push All In..Hero..Call!!!
      Board : xQxxx..oh well
      AA v K6s...SB All In..Hero..Call!!!
      Board : xxKxK..wtf!!!
      Ak v A6os
      Board : Ax6xx.. :s_o: ...fffffff!!!
      My friend has lost 6 hands in a row with KK v random Ax/Any two suited..so hope you take some consolation from knowing your not alone in the bad beat horror!!!
    • themagpiespg
      themagpiespg
      Bronze
      When u've had quads cracked twice in a row then u can complain. That a proper bad beat aa all in pre flop v kk, qq, jj, there just pairs pair are the second worst hand in poker so if some 1 hits trips ur pair is no good simple.
    • ThisAintPoker
      ThisAintPoker
      Bronze
      It happens to everybody, listen: You WILL win in the long run, who cares if you lost this time? You'll just win next time , or maybe in a year or so, but ull still have profit. No worries
    • dapokawinna
      dapokawinna
      Basic
      Originally posted by ThisAintPoker
      It happens to everybody, listen: You WILL win in the long run,
      if you play better than your opponents :D

who cares if you lost this time?
      nobody :)

No worries
      never ever :f_cool:
    • xlesleyx
      xlesleyx
      Bronze
      Stick with it finger bash the keys in the chat bar.If u get chat barred lifting the mouse of the mat a few inches and smashing it down helps if u run out of mouses buy a punch bag!

This was my line to deal with the tilt rage until i became more experienced and realised why brm was so important.Now i am jst happy when i see fish winning means there is still some easy money out there..

Good luck in the future stick with it.BRM BRM BRM BRM BRM BRM BRM BRM