akrammon's blog | New Year, Fresh Start!

• akrammon
      akrammon
      Bronze
      Introduction...

Hey everyone!
      I'm akrammon :) . I'm 20, I'm from Hungary, I have a wonderful girlfriend and I study mathematics at Eötvös Lóránd University of Science, Budapest. So much for the personal stuff.

I started playing poker "seriously" like 1.5 years ago...(whehehe it is so lol :f_biggrin: ) No wait I have to go more back in time to begin at the beginning... So I got the $50 starting capital on Mansion, lost it pretty fast.
      Did some horribly played SSS, some this, some that, I was fish by definition :f_biggrin: . THEN, I decided to take myself more seriously(it is still funny :f_p: ), and jumped into the world of poker :P I will keep myself to the short version cos I don't want to scare anyone away, heh:
      I deposited $260 on Stars. Went down to $190, then started playing DoNs, I really got the feel for those games. Went up to around $800 (frist the $5, then the $10 limits, and was thinking about the $20s), and that's when I made my first (and in the moments of the starting of this blog, still my only) final table, with a 5th place on a $5K GTD, $1,10 tournament.
      It was a good feeling. It was good to beat 6000+ people for that place :P Since those times, I haven't played as much MTTs as much I would've liked. Well, there's one goal.
      So that got me a bit over $1K.
      Somewhere around there I decided to learn "the real SnGs". I started the fullring turbos(STTs). Played some of the $6,5s for learning purposes, then moved to bwin to hunt down a $100 bonus (seemed an OK amount compared to my roll, but man that software sucks).
      Then I was back on Stars for the $16s. And now they are called $15s. And now I'm stroming the $15s. I have like a 700 sample on these things. I've got a low ROI on this sample, therefore I often loose confidence in my game. My extra amounts of reviewing in July is gonna help a lot, hopefully. (see July goals below)

So, here we are. The $15s. Wow.

About this blog...

What will happen in this blog?
      I will write about my experiences, I will try to write some useful stuff for this limit in case someone wants to move up, I will analyse my game, I will write about my feelings, I will link interesting hands from the hand evaluations section, I will recommend you movies, music, food, colors for your walls, Formula 1... ehhh, no, I'm getting out of line here. So what the hell would it be about? Everything useful/funny/interesting from the world of SnGs. But what I wanted to point out with these things, is that it never ever is going to contain any rambling about my downswings. That's just boring.
      It's not like I won't mention when things are running bad, or I won't ask for help here if I have psychological (spelling, eh?) problems, but I definitely won't tilt around and post badbeats and etc.
      I'm also hoping that this blog will help me get better and better, after all that is the ultimate goal (bleh, akrammon, you selfish bastard :s_biggrin: ).

Well, I'm glad (and a bit surprised :s_cool: ) that you've read through all this crappy rambling, I hope you will find this blog interesting/amusing/inspiring/*insert positive word of your choice*, and I hope you will be a regular reader.
      So, let's get started!

Cheers,
      akrammon

(I think I will reserve both this place and the second post for current goals or achievements or something like that... I'm sure I will be able to put something here...)

Bonuses...

:heart: $100 Bwin reload bonus (100% CLEARED)
      :heart: $200 Stars SCOOP Reload bonus (45% CLEARED - was planning 50%)
      :heart: $100 Bwin reload bonus (25% CLEARED - got tired of the software)
      :heart: $100 Stars Reload bonus (100% CLEARED)

Still active:

:heart: $2000 Betfred first deposit bonus (10% CLEARED)
  • 1024 replies
    • akrammon
      akrammon
      Bronze
      :spade: June Review :spade:
      :club: pass all exams (FAIL) :f_cry:
      :club: have a great time at VOLT festival (ULTIMATE SUCCESS) :f_biggrin:
      :club: play 500 SnGs and therefore achieve GoldStar status on Stars (SUCCESS, 516)
      :club: use Wiz at least a little bit (meh)

I did succeed in the goal for the 500 sample, which definitely was the main of my poker-related goals.
      Unfortunately enough I ended up only with a very tiny profit, I guess you could call it breakeven. Well, shit happens.
      Also unfortunately - but not unexpectedly - I had little time to review my sessions in Wiz, which I really dislike, but I knew exactly that during the exam period I either play way less or I have few time for reviewing. I'm not happy about it, but I've made my decision when I've set my goals for June.
      However, I definitely will do much more reviews in July. I probably won't increase my sample goal, but it will mean much more poker as I will do many reviews.
      My equity for the "rakeback" FPP usage is around $80 imo, so I kinda like that. Not that much, but it's still something :)

:spade: July Goals :spade:

So, let's get to the June goals. As I've said, I want to do more reviews, preferably use Wiz every day. I'm thinking to do these reviews in the morning. I like to get up "early", unfortunately on weekdays there is no real traffic around 8-10am, so it'd be a perfect time.
      As I've already said, I'll keep my sample goal at 500. That's just enough to have goldstar and the 2x FPP multiplier for August as well.
      I also want to clear the entire $100 reload bonus. It might not seem to be a big deal, but the deposit must be made before the 15th. I'm likely making it in a day or two. From there on, I'll have 20 days to clear it, so basically I have the rest of the month to get 2K VPPs. If I succeed with the 500 SnGs, I will succeed with this as well :)
      Play some MTTs. Yea I really need to give some time to that. But I hate being up until like 5am and then bust out with 20-ish dollars :P I know that this is the way it is, and I accept it, but it is hard for me to do it, very tiring. So I'm setting up this goal for motivation :)

Ok, more detailed time schedule:
      All in all I will have ~3 weeks, 20 more days till the end of the month to grind crazy. Actually, grind not-so-crazy - but taking poker studying crazily seriously :f_p: .
      I have like 20 days left for a minimum of 422 SnGs. If I do 2 sets a day I will be fine-ish, but I will try to do 3 sets a day or even more.
      Possibly there will be some longer continous grinds especially when playing MTTs as well. These will likely happen with reduced table number, so sample won't grow that much, but what the heck, it'll be fine.
      Hm, okay, generously, I plan to play AT LEAST 2 hours every day, and - maybe even more importantly - to do *AT LEAST* 1 hour of reviewing every day, but preferably more on average. Let's make it 30 hours alltogether for the month. (videos included)
      This way I will be playing poker AROUND 3-4 hours a day which, well, sounds tiring. Also, I'm really starting to dislike the word "play" for what I'm gonna do. More likely I'm gonna do poker (no jokes please, I'm dead serious :s_rolleyes: :D ).

So. If a huge downswing hits me in the middle of all this I have chances to fail, but I like challanges :)

(actually a set usually doesn't take an hour so it won't be that bad. However, I have tried playing yesterday evening continously (haven't done it since I increased my tables to 9 from 6), and had some bad experiences :( Based on those experiences, for performance reasons, I'm sticking with sets for most of July)

I'm also thinking to concentrate playing on the friday-sunday period and learning/watching vids etc on the weekdays. Seems more effective to me.

So, here it goes.

:spade: July Goals :spade:

:diamond: 500 SnGs
      :diamond: Goldstar and cleared reload bonus (both come with the 500 SnGs :) )
      :diamond: At least 30 hours os reviews and studying
      :diamond: Be with my girlfriend as much as possible

(last one is nr.1 goal but I listed it on the end since it's the least poker-related :) )

:spade: Feelings :spade:

I have some weird feelings now that I look on these goals and my calculations. But, in June, I did it (500 sngs) with all the exams and stuff. Yes, I has almost a full month that time, but I've spent a lot of time learning for university and still could spend time with my gf. So I have confidence in myself.
      It was pretty bad that I ended June with only BE, but it's a positive thing that my lowest point was 20BIs, so not the end of the world. Was pretty bad though, but I overcame it relatively fast, which is a good thing. 500 is no big sample, so I will work on getting some more sample +learning&reviews and I will be fine. Many regs are just ridiculous :)
      So, Here I come!... See you at the tables!

Cheers,
      akrammon
    • akrammon
      akrammon
      Bronze
      Yesterday was a very productive day. I didn't play a single SnG but I learned a lot. Reviewed a couple of my sessions that I'd played in the past few days, and watched a vid, alltogether more than 3 hours, almost 4.

I feel improving :) I also posted a couple of hands in the SnG hand evaluation section, in the silver one. Feel free to check it out and give your opinion :)
    • akrammon
      akrammon
      Bronze
      I've watched lessthanthreee's latest video, in which he reviews santostr's session. It was really good, I recommend it to everyone.

Then I played a set of SnGs - 9 ones - and it went really well :) 2 first, 2 second and one third place, yay :) I needed that :f_biggrin:

Before starting these sngs I've deposited $500 to start my reload bonus, so as of this moment, it is pending. I will keep it in the first post I guess.
    • dydukas
      dydukas
      Platinum
      Hi, nice blog!
      I see your loads of hands in eval forum. Definitely gonna follow this blog as I think you gonna get far with SnGs. Gl!
    • akrammon
      akrammon
      Bronze
      @dydukas: Thanks a lot :) I'm trying my best, as you can see I'm making a big deal out of learning for this month, and probably increasing number os sngs for next month only :) I want to get much much better, and I've got a couple of things to learn... :)

I only wish that I could get my signature right cos I don't seem to be able to get a link of this blog into it... Hm...
    • stevegold87
      stevegold87
      Bronze
      Hi!

Dunno how I missed this blog from a follow SNG player. Blog looks very good and well organized. and you got some good goals as well.

I am very interested in your progress and will follow this closely. I might drop by the hand eval forum later and give my opinions on a few hands.

I wish you the best of luck and take care man!

edit : for your signature you need to enable BBCode there's a small box you need to check in your profile!

You click on options --> Activate BBCODE (In profile edit signature)
    • akrammon
      akrammon
      Bronze
      @steve: Thank you steve :) It means a lot to me :)

How you missed it? Well, it started yesterday :s_biggrin:

By the way, you got any idea what's wrong with my signature? From my point of view, it doesn't look like a working link...
    • stevegold87
      stevegold87
      Bronze
      Well I edited my last post with the answer let me know if you need more help
    • akrammon
      akrammon
      Bronze
      Originally posted by stevegold87
      Well I edited my last post with the answer let me know if you need more help
      Thanks man, fixed it :)
    • jaszvitez45
      jaszvitez45
      Bronze
      Hy!

GL my hungarian friend! :s_cool:

csomó angol kolléga megnézi ezt a spoilert és nem tudjak mit jelent hahahahaha! :coolface:
    • remete13
      remete13
      Bronze
      Hi akrammon,
      as a SNG player myself, will probably follow your english blog.

GL mate
    • gekitsios
      gekitsios
      Global
      subscribed gl
    • V1kt0r
      V1kt0r
      Bronze
      Hi there!

Keep your future monthly posts as organized as the first two was, even looking at them makes me feel good:)
      GL
    • akrammon
      akrammon
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jaszvitez45
      Hy!

GL my hungarian friend! :s_cool:

csomó angol kolléga megnézi ezt a spoilert és nem tudjak mit jelent hahahahaha! :coolface:
      Thanks man :) Funny spoiler :s_biggrin:

Originally posted by remete13
      Hi akrammon,
      as a SNG player myself, will probably follow your english blog.

GL mate
      Thanks :) It's good to see that unknown fellow poker players find this blog :)

Originally posted by gekitsios
      subscribed gl
      Thanks gekitsios, it feels great to have you around :s_cool:

Originally posted by V1kt0r
      Hi there!

Keep your future monthly posts as organized as the first two was, even looking at them makes me feel good:)
      GL
      Hey Viktor!
      I had no doubts you'd show up, nice to see you here :)

About organising blogs in some way, I recommend it to everyone. Not only does it make the readers feel much better, it also organises your thoughts about stuff.

@ everyone:
      Woooow, it's good to see so many visiting this humble blog of mine ;) hope to see you guys around in the future :)

As for poker itself, I played a set between 1am and 2am GMT+1, just finished now. I've got really positive feelings, I recommend this time to anyone who can stomach it. My set fired up in 2 minutes with no problems, though there was one really good reg at my table, and the reg/fish ratio seemed similar to earlier evening or afternoon sessions, there are a few things to note:
      :spade: Fishes seemed to be much spewier (spelling?). There are the same amount of bad players, but these ones arent the ones that are weaktight and make 13BB atc pushes profitable BvB, but the ones who are insane and are really looking to loose a lot of chips in the early stages. If you can stomach the more badbeats (you get it in more and almost always ahead), then it's really good. If you are the tilty one, then maybe not perfect, cos a few fishes sucking out on you in the early stage might screw up your late game on the other tables. But it's a big positive experience! :spade: Fishes are much worse at this time :spade:

:spade: Many of the regs seemed to be on the weaker/tighter side. Might be just a coincidence though, I dunno. The fishes are no coincidence though, have experienced it when playing after 10pm as well. About the regs, well huge positive feelings. there was one playing 4/1 (!!!) in the early stage, though only on 100 hands, but he still was nitty, even if not that nitty.
      Whatever. Sorry for the long rambling.

And no I'm not results-oriented, lost like a hundred bucks :P went really bad, but my edge was big so I feel good :)

Cheers guys, will post some of these hands in the eval forum tomorrow, will link the most interesting ones here as well (I don't like directly posting hands directly here cos it makes the blog look a bit hectic but if anyone below silver is interested I will do it so they can have a look).

And thanks again for all the posts ;)
    • akrammon
      akrammon
      Bronze
      Well, I don't have anything hand THAT interesting in the hand eval forums, probably you should check this one out, it's a K5s facing a BU steal from a reg. dydukas gave me a very thourough analysis on that one, so for the sake of that it definitely worth checking.

As for yesterday, I kept studying a lot, and played only one set, didn't get any good results, only 2 min-cashes. Well, next time will be better :)
      I think I played pretty well but I marked a few hands, I'm gonna check them out right now, then I'll probably try to play somewhere around noon or 13pm. There was good traffic at those times in the past 2 days and more importantly the good regs weren't there, yay :D at least not at my tables and that's just enough :f_biggrin:
    • dydukas
      dydukas
      Platinum
      Hehe, np, I just ran the numbers. Anyway let's wait what a judge will say too. :f_p:

Btw, with out antes that's a fold. Don't let those antes fool you, always count true bb if you already don't. For example 6 handed 200/100/25 is the same as 300/150 level! :)
    • akrammon
      akrammon
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dydukas
      Btw, with out antes that's a fold. Don't let those antes fool you, always count true bb if you already don't. For example 6 handed 200/100/25 is the same as 300/150 level! :)
      Yea I try to adjust a lot when antes come in. I noticed back in the $6,5s that the 100/200/25 was the most profitable level for wide steals :) many people there play the same game as on the 100/200, maybe they don't even notice the antes. And when it's 5-handed or more, man, you can get rich very quickly :D
    • dydukas
      dydukas
      Platinum
      I remember I used to think: wtf, why is there another level of 200/100/20 after 200/100 but just with antes, like it changes anything, just a waste of time. :D
    • akrammon
      akrammon
      Bronze
      lol, there's one thing that really can get me on tilt, and that's the internet connection failure during poker... funny thing is that we were 3-handed on one table yet I managed to end-up second :D the 3rd guy was a real multitabling fish :D

So I had a hot shower and ate a sandwich, I'll play one more set for sure, maybe 2 if I feel like doing it. After all it's sunday, should be fishfest.

Then I'll write a longer-ish update on my progress (not going very well but got some interesting/funny hands and stuff).