Stack
      Hero:
      $1,97
      CO:
      $2
      BU:
      $3,25

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 6:spade: , 6:club:
      UTG2 folds, Hero calls $0,02, 2 folds, CO calls $0,02, BU raises to $0,08, 2 folds, Hero calls $0,06, CO calls $0,06.

Flop: ($0,27) 8:heart: , 7:heart: , 6:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0,26, CO folds, BU raises to $0,52, Hero raises to $1,89 (All-In), BU calls $1,37.

Turn: ($4,05) A:heart:
      River: ($4,05) 3:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $4,05

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (6s 6c)
      BU shows a straight, ten high (Ts 9s)

BU wins with a straight, ten high (Ts 9s)
      I'm not sure I played this hand correctly. I limp in with my low poclet pair, with the intention of playing aggresive if I hit and folding if I miss. BU raises PF and I call because he has a good stack I can play for if I hit.

I hit the flop, but there is three cards in a row. Because of the BU PF raise, I believe he can have pairs from AA to TT, quite a few suited aces, AT and above. I decide to bet for value and 3bet shove when he raises me.

This was my train of thought, I just played this hand, and I am a bit tired so I may have misjudged the situation.
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi NicolaiNebel,

once you hit your can´t get away your hand so I like your bet/shove line postflop, but I don´t like limp/call pf and then c/f if you miss or playing aggressively if you hit your set
      Better to play aggressively postflop, put more money in the pot and then stack other players if you hit your set.
      Then you could have anything starting with sets, overpairs, straights, but right now most players would fold their overpair if you just c/c and play your set aggressively
    • BillyTheGoat
      BillyTheGoat
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      Hi NicolaiNebel,

once you hit your can´t get away your hand so I like your bet/shove line postflop, but I don´t like limp/call pf and then c/f if you miss or playing aggressively if you hit your set
      Better to play aggressively postflop, put more money in the pot and then stack other players if you hit your set.
      Then you could have anything starting with sets, overpairs, straights, but right now most players would fold their overpair if you just c/c and play your set aggressively
      So openraising is the way to go with this hand? Trying to put some money in the pot and representing as large a handrange as possible?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello NicolaiNebel,

Welcome to the NL BSS Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future, so we will be able to help you fix your leaks and as well help to move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Open-limp on those limits is still fine while people don't adjust to your limps anyways. So therefore I don't mind. In higher limit it becomes more harder to play with limps profitable and people will adjust to your limping range.

Best regards.