Freelance copywriter

• Janosikgdy
      Janosikgdy
      Bronze
      Hi community.

Recently I had some thoughts about copywriter's job and I am wondering what do you think? I am new to a subject. I read few articles and blogs on web. It seems that copywriting share few pros with poker:
      Firstly and most important, you can work at your own place, or anywhere on the globe, and in time that suits you.

Secondly, similiar like in poker you climb up limits (by building portfolio) and geet higher $/h.

I am not sure how it looks in numbers but as far as I understood copywriter with some good experience gets 25$-75$/h and the best earns much more.
      For a begginer, if you look good then it is possobile to be paid 5$/300 words article.

I don't know how hard is enter the market, and how competentive it is.

If someone has any experience, please share your point of view =)
  • 2 replies
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Considering even the modest proposed premises, it sounds based on conditions and reward ratioes that it would be quite an agressive and lowballing market with lots of competition, but that's just my opinion.

Regards,
      Richard
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Weird, just opened emails and had a copywriter position offered to me and this was the next thread that I opened.

Copywriting can be fun but as you already mentioned its incredibly tough to get into the field. Doing some for minimal money is probably the +ev route.

GL!