+++How to improve staking for the better+++

• tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      Here are a list of things I thought of within 5 minutes... I am sure there are more and will add to the list.

• If someone wants to start a thread they should post it in a read only forum where it needs to be approved by a moderator. If approved it is moved to the public forum where people can enquire.
      • Moderator should quote the original post inside a spoiler so it can be used for reference if they edit their post
      • The person looking for a stake should be able to prove they are profitable for the stake they are asking for. Enough with the people that played 2NL thinking they deserve a stake to play 200NL or high stakes tournaments.
      • Screenames need to be posted (prevents people multi accounting and asking for a stake on a different account
      • People shouldnt be able to post in the feedback thread unless they have LEGITIMATE feedback for the guy. Just because you have spoke to him on skype or transfer $10 isn't enough when someone is asking for a $1k stake
      • One stake thread per month per person. I've seen some people create 6 threads for different games...
      • Have sub forum for application and offer instead of in the same thread. it makes it hard for people to search. Then remove the prefixes and add prefixes for the type of staking.
      • Wall of shame list... We don't need to post public information here since it's "against your privacy policy" but just a ps.com screename with site screanames below it...
      • Create a template which people looking for a stake can start with.. i.e name, screename, winrate, type, length, etc
  • 43 replies
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Hi Toby

a new set of rules is coming soon for the staking forum that should make a lot of improvement. ;)

regards

Thazar
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      I support most of this.

But I have no useful info to add to it at this point.

I would like to amend the "one stake per month" clause however.
      I believe currently Schris7 is doing a second block within only 2-3 weeks, as he had finished the first.
      Hence I would prefer if it read: "Only one per month unless the backer confirms a finished and paid deal closed for the previous request."

Regards,
      Richard
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      Ingrid told me it was changing so I thought I would add these so you can incoporate some of this stuff

@fruktpuff - Yeah good point, obviously if someone finishes their previous stake then they can create a new one. I guess another point would be if they have a stake they can't start a new one :)
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      about the last point mentioned by fruktpuff

we are normally looking out for this kind of stake request and close them if there are concurrent one

I won't enter into the details as to what the new are but they cover most of the requests there although often in a different also in order to limit the overhead.

;)

Thazar
    • clawindsouza
      clawindsouza
      Bronze
      just outta curiosity wat would be considered as legitimate feedback?

Also something that could be added is that the member should be a member for 'x' amount of time.

Also their facebook profile should be shared so that we can track him down and [Edited by Ingrid: please refrain using offensive words :) ] if he runs away from the forums:)

cant think of anythin else atm..
    • RubyWesson
      RubyWesson
      Bronze
      Originally posted by thazar
      Hi Toby

a new set of rules is coming soon for the staking forum that should make a lot of improvement. ;)

regards

Thazar
      Why doesnt PS offer the staking but to only proven and known winning players, would provide more revenue
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      But I's loser, and I want maniez! Noooo no destroy the free mainiz printer!!!!

Trolololol

(Doesn't mean to say I don't want money yo...)
    • stevegold87
      stevegold87
      Bronze
      Hi,

I will move this thread to feedback and suggestion since this sub forum is for users feedback only :)

As thazar said we are currently working on a new set of rules, stay tuned :)

Thank you
      Simon
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RubyWesson
      Originally posted by thazar
      Hi Toby

regards

Thazar
      Why doesnt PS offer the staking but to only proven and known winning players, would provide more revenue
      +1 And it would result with a higher rate of successful genuine applications. Win Win.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi Guys,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

I have one question:

- do you think it makes sense to set a certain amount of forum post as one of the requirements to be able to create a staking thread in the English community?

If yes, how many forum post is reasonable you think?
      If not, whats your reason?

Ingrid
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Sorry to answer back with a quesiton, but it's been a rather big flow of apps not filling the following criteria lately:

If there's a postcount req, should it be for the English Community?
      We've had lots of people from other communities, who've not been active much in the English Community who've had their threads closed for this reason(in the cases where their own communities have staking forums, of course).

So flat postcount, or postcount in the english community?
      Or maybe even take it a step further, requirement to be tracked to the english community plus postcount in the english community?

Regards,
      Richard
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      One of the member contacted me today and I promised to post his request:

- Do you think that members of other community ( German , French , Italian , Romanian etc...) should be able to post on Staking thread even they aren't active on English community?
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      There's a reason for each community having staking forums imo,
      If they are active there, they are more likely to find people willing to trust them.
      Not to mention that it's of course preferable for PS itself if people get staked in the communities they are tracked, for various reasons.

Why have english money going to france, for example?

Regards,
      Richard
    • hakan23
      hakan23
      Bronze
      But in a situation when a member is active on more than one community ?
      Reguarding sending money to a french , i have to say that money has no country . When you play online you play only with english players ?
      I think that even french money is good or italian money , am i wrong ? :)
      Thank you .
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      No, but based on which community you are tracked to, your rake is distributed within PS.

The english comm spending money on play where the affiliate rake portion is paid out to the frog community was my argument.

Regards,
      Richard
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      @ number of posts:

I think this is good to make sure that he/she is an active member i.e known from others. as for a number I wouldn't set it to high (like 100?)

@ player from diff community:

A player from community x asking for a stake in community y should be allowed imo. It just means that he will have less chances to get staked bc people won't know him/her.
      In his application though he should mention why he is asking in the English community.
      imo it's up to the backer to stake an unknown player.

@fruktpuff: it is not the English community's money but its members'. If I want to invest I can invest anywhere I want even in the frog community as you call it.
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Fair point.

At 100 as a postcount, it's quite easy to hit 100 posts just answering everything for 2 hours, sure that's enough?

Regards,
      Richard
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      We wouldn't like to end in a situation where we have many spam posts cause of this rule.
    • darkprice
      darkprice
      Bronze
      I don't see the point in making pokerstrategy fix all these crazy things, don't stake a player you don't trust. That's quite simple.