Some questions

• lukezo
      lukezo
      Bronze
      Hello, I have some questions about Shorthanded situations:

a) Do we play hands like AJ, KJ, KQ vs Small Stacks IP if he opens?

b)Do we Call PP's OOP (22-99) if we have 20x amount he raises, if he's tight?

c) Supposed we're at a recreative table with some TAG's. We decide to limp 22-99 and one of the TAG's iso-raises. Do we call if we have 20x amount he raises (both IP and OOP)?
  • 2 replies
    • bmfbpi
      bmfbpi
      Bronze
      a) who is he ? stats ? reads ? opens from what position ? too general of a question, be more specific

b) - when I'm in LP and there is a fish in the blinds
      - when a nit opens from UTG. His range is so strong there, that if I hit a set, I am pretty sure I will stack his overpair or TPPK hand
      - when there has been a raise, and a call in front of me.
      - when I'm in the blinds, and a LP opens, depending on his LP open % I 3bet my PP and usually get a fold. Calling PP from the blinds to a LP open is a no-no, because LP's range is weak, and even if we hit a set, we aren't likely to stack him. the only time when I call from the blinds with PP is if the opener is exploitablee has a cbet of 70% and a turn bet of 40% or something like that. In this case I float the flop and donk the turn or value-bet the river when checked-to. (very villain dependent)

c) we don't limp.

read more about strategy. Go to the articles section and start reading man
    • sapheal
      sapheal
      Global
      hi lukezo :s_thumbsup: ,

Originally posted by lukezo
      a) Do we play hands like AJ, KJ, KQ vs Small Stacks IP if he opens?
      Depends on short stack's position (ie. range).

b)Do we Call PP's OOP (22-99) if we have 20x amount he raises, if he's tight?
      If villain's tight, then 20x is enough on average.

c) Supposed we're at a recreative table with some TAG's. We decide to limp 22-99 and one of the TAG's iso-raises. Do we call if we have 20x amount he raises (both IP and OOP)?
      Very often not, OOP, vs wide range.

Cheers,
      Michal