[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH AA vs short-stack 3-bet.

• Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($4.45)
      BB ($10)
      UTG ($6.10)
      Hero ($11.94)
      CO ($10.21)
      BTN ($14.18)

Dealt to Hero A:heart: A:spade:

fold, Hero raises to $0.30, CO calls $0.30, fold, SB raises to $1.30, fold, Hero calls $1, CO calls $1

FLOP ($4) K:heart: 2:heart: 9:spade:

SB bets $1.30, Hero raises to $3.20, CO folds, SB calls $1.85 (AI)

TURN ($10.30) K:heart: 2:heart: 9:spade: 2:spade:

RIVER ($10.30) K:heart: 2:heart: 9:spade: 2:spade: Q:heart:

This guy 3-bets big so I figure he's going broke here, which I'm okay with of course, But i'm also trying to get the other guys stack, and I think he's loose enough to call with quite a wide range after I flat. (44/20 over around 50 hands).

Is flatting here okay or does it just give him too good a price to come along with small pairs? Patricularly when I'm OOP in a multiway 3-bet pot. I'll almost never be able to fold.
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Meemawuk,

Preflop: The problem is if you Call there then you are giving odds for CO to join in as well. :) That's I would just consider 4betting and trying to play for the stacks. SB doesn't have much left anyways and he will very likely even play for it. But of course it ain't a huge mistake to play it as you did for the reason that CO has just so wide range which is capable of Calling there so I don't even mind. It's not only range of PPs but rather a lot wider.

As played
      Postflop: Not much to add.

Best regards.
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      Yeah I include hands like JT KQ KJ etc in his range to flat behind if I call, thats why I take the decision to just flat. I'm pretty sure I get his stack if he has a King here. Sadly SB had 99 and I couldn't build a side pot :(